Gareth Thomas

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Gareth Thomas

Post by josie andrews »

I've said this all along with those at the RFL who supposedly run our sport.

They are as bad as any of our political parties, just out to line their own pockets :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

On RLFans it's saying that Stuart Reardon has sent Gareth Thomas a "tweat" on Twitter to wish him luck at Wigan next season.

Must admit I don't know why we're signing him but when/if he lines up in a Wigan shirt he'll be like any other Wigan player who I'll support 100%
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

100% Warrior wrote:On RLFans it's saying that Stuart Reardon has sent Gareth Thomas a "tweat" on Twitter to wish him luck at Wigan next season.

Must admit I don't know why we're signing him but when/if he lines up in a Wigan shirt he'll be like any other Wigan player who I'll support 100%
I hope Reardon is on a wind up mission.

Over all my years of supporting Wigan RL I have adopted the same approach if a player I thought might not be up to it got signed which was lets see what he can do. Players like Sam Panapa and Billy McGinty spring to mind. Both turned out to be great buys. I could even see the logic of giving Mathers and Pryce a chance. Two players beset by injuries and we had no cash anyway so they could have turned into Panapa/McGinty clones with a bit of luck. Both got my support on the pitch.

The thing is though none of them were not 37 soon to be 38 and could actually play the game! Panapa and McGinty just got better with Wigan. Thomas is finished in the game if he ever started. He is too old. I just don't want to see him on the pitch at all for Wigan.

Jake

Post by Jake »

josie andrews wrote: I've said this all along with those at the RFL who supposedly run our sport.

They are as bad as any of our political parties, just out to line their own pockets :sly:
How come the suits at the RFL are involved with the running of the Wigan club,they are making a complete balls up of the affairs of the RFL,I don't believe whats happening. :conf:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

who 'tweats' on twitter? it's like having a Green Vauxhall Viva
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If the move goes ahead and it look like it is then fans need cast iron assurances by IL that games will not be moved to SWales as part of this deal.

However, whatever happens, it shows RL is a 'dirty' sport and quite frankly Thomas is not good enough to wear the Cherry n White.
shevington

Post by shevington »

sounds about right for RL, move some Wigan games to Wales infront of a crowd of about 3k. I would not be going thats for sure.
shevington

Post by shevington »

if they sacrifice home games to go play in Wales then I will not be renewing my season ticket.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Irrespective. Who needs this deal the most?

The RFL? Why? They are funding wages for someone with nothing more than "gimmick" value and it fools no-one especially Wigan fans expected to pay their own hard earned cash to watch him!

Thomas? Why? He is at the end of his playing career any way you look at it!

Wigan? Have they seriously got no-on who can play wing or centre?

Wigan are in my line of thinking, in the "driving seat" as far as this deal should be. They either desperately need him (in which case the club are told what happens per-se) or they do not, and Wigan tell the RFL/Thomas what THEY want out of the deal (if anything).

Why should IL (and as such the fans) then have to cow-tow to the RFL (who hate Wigan anyways) for such a deal? If the club is expected to play home games in Wales - this will stink greater than any likely "good" that the club could perceivable get from the deal :(
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull have recruited veteran Crusaders centre Tony Martin

Martin, the latest player from the defunct Crusaders to find a new club, is joining the Black and Whites on a 12-month contract

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,15612 ... 1,00.html?

And who do we sign?? :exc: :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan