Re: Grand Final.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

A little plantation of Jammer Dummy trees are now established at Old Trafford.
Was sat beside two distraught Stainers last night, sunk in their sofas, and they just knew that the game was over after Stains couldnt score immediately following 4 forced consecutive drop outs.
Was gutted for them. :lol:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Does anyone else think that Leeds losing so many players to injury for long parts of the early part of the season has turned into a major boost for them?

Virtually all of them were fit and on form by the time the season was concluded and they were as fit and as fresh as any team you could possibly find :doz:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

butt monkey wrote:Does anyone else think that Leeds losing so many players to injury for long parts of the early part of the season has turned into a major boost for them?

Virtually all of them were fit and on form by the time the season was concluded and they were as fit and as fresh as any team you could possibly find :doz:
Definitely, which is why we need to rest players against the lesser teams no disrespect but if it's good for Wigan we need to do it.
Up The Mont!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

God wrote:What a load of rubbish. Not being lemon about it, two very poor sides.

Burrow try the only decent thing about this game.

Poor.
Arrived in Torremolinos last night wearing my Wigan top and quickly got into conversation with a couple of Batley Bulldog supporters who said the game was utter rubbish and not worthy of a Grand final. By the way do any of our posters know of good Karaoke bars in Torremolinos? Not been here before and am not impressed as of yet.So I woould appreciate any feed back Thanks. :D Could not really give two hoots about yesterdays game though. :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 233789.stm

Had shenton not got injured, Saints IMO would have won.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 233789.stm

Had shenton not got injured, Saints IMO would have won.
Was just talking about this with my dad and I totally agree, as soon as he went off injured they lost his good defensive work and Soliola was missing from the pack because he dropped in at centre, no coincidence Leeds scored two tries down Stains's right straight after Shenton went off!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly TB
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

ragman wrote:What really p****d me off was Stevo saying that people who questioned the play-offs system didn't 'understand or love the game as much as us'. What an arrogant, self-obsessed gobshite.

Eddie Hemmings justifying the play-offs by saying it had been a 'really exciting game' was the clincher for me though.

We sold out RL soul to the devil when we accepted Murdoch's money to play summer rugby, and these two sycophantic Sky salesmen are so far up his arse that they can't see what's going on around them.

IL should lead the other top owners / chairmen in a Kerry Packer style rebellion against the Sky strangulation of our game, and put the decrepit old idiots at the RFL in their place at the same time.

I'm not a die-hard resistor of progress and change, but games being played and re-arranged at daft times to suit Sky, pathetic stunts like Magic weekends, the (surely) illegal salary cap, the stubborn and illogical insistence in trying to develop the game in stupid places at the expense of heartland areas, and the fact that Pinky and Murky are the public face of the game is killing the game.

Let's have a breakaway league of all the top teams and see how we can get our game back
If we hadn't done that i dont think the game would be anywhere near what it is now. Mo was a visionary and we could do with another now
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It would have been nice for a Saints win... St Helens or not for a decade they've been mightily consistant... 5 in a row is funny for us but as a club they've done well. If that was their transition season then they are in good hands for the future... they've done better than Wigan's transition post 1998 etc...

Have respect for them. :devi:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Those who complain about SKY would do well to remember how much investment they have made to Rugby League. We were struggling until they came along. Not terminal as some commentators say, but certainly nowhere near the game we have today. The pluses vastly outweigh the minuses.

There are many blogs above complaining about the Grand Final. They must have gone or watched a different game from the one I witnessed at Old Trafford. This was a great advert for a great game. I really felt for Saints though. It's tough to lose 5 on the trot, and while they are our traditional enemies, their fans haven't behaved towards Wigan like some of the Leeds ones. That said, on the day, Leeds were the better side, and no-one will be arguing against the hobbit winning the Harry Sunderland award.

But the whole thing does make you question the end of season play offs. How a team 5th. in the league can claim the championship makes you wonder. Warrington are the true champions in my opinion, and should be given the credit due them. 1100 points and such attractive and open rugby deserves credit. For Leeds to have lost 11 games, be 13 points behind the Wire and claim the championship beggars belief. It's just not right.

The crowds at the play offs did tell a story that the RL fan base wasn't so impressed either with the concept. We did have 2 great semis and a wonderful final, but the rest were less than inspiring. Perhaps there should be a points difference maximum to get into the final play offs. If we had set a maximum of 10 points this season, then only Wigan and Saints would have had the right to compete with the Wire. I'd have been happier with that.
Stevethegas