Re: Oh the Joy of Mr Harris

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Most of the great coaches in the world appear to be grumpy sods. I wouldn't hold that against him.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I thought he said it was a step up going from head coach to assistant purely because it is Wigan and the players we have. He's done nothing wrong as Iestyn give him a try! Only been official for a few hours.

It's like Bolton fans booing Gary Megson before he got through the club doors (that was funny)((and they were right in the end)) but... still, give him a break.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ancientnloyal wrote:I thought he said it was a step up going from head coach to assistant purely because it is Wigan and the players we have. He's done nothing wrong as Iestyn give him a try! Only been official for a few hours.

It's like Bolton fans booing Gary Megson before he got through the club doors (that was funny)((and they were right in the end)) but... still, give him a break.
At last a voice of reason.

He is getting more abuse on Wigan forums this week than Sam Tomkins does on other teams boards combined. Its now getting embarrasing.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

if you look at the quality of some of the assistants in SL at the moment a head coach of one of last years SL clubs and current international coach (albiet Wales) isnt bad and on the back of that a succesful Rugby Playing career.

The Backroom staff is now Waney, Rads, Bitcon, Harris, Deacs, Hampo. not that bad.

who knows it could work, it could not but let the poor bloke have ONE MATCH in the job at least. anyone would think Millward was back
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Give the guy a chance IMO. Some want him hung before he has even started working for the club. Grumpy / miserable? Waney / Madge / Lenagan hardly look happy go lucky do they.
OJ

Post by OJ »

I've just watched the interview on the link posted by DaveO on another thread which I assume is the one being talked about. Can't see anything wrong with what Harris said, in fact he seems well pleased with his new job. OK he looked serious but what did you want him to be doing - sitting on a whoopee cushion, juggling pies and bursting balloons ?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

the winky one

Post by the winky one »

warrior49 wrote:Saw him on the evening news tonight and thought he looked a miserable sod.
he should be grateful to be at our club and not just look like a scruffy sulky little schoolboy.

According to him, being at Wigan is "just another step on the coaching ladder" and an assist in his quest to be "where he wants to be in his coaching career"..
Pardon me Mr Harris, this is Wigan, get real, and get busy....Or get lost..
He looked like he had lost a shilling and found sixpence...
come to think of it... so did Wane!! :eh: :slee: :slee:
onedego

Post by onedego »

i'm making no comment on the new coaching arrangement until we've played a few games next season!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

OJ wrote:I've just watched the interview on the link posted by DaveO on another thread which I assume is the one being talked about. Can't see anything wrong with what Harris said, in fact he seems well pleased with his new job. OK he looked serious but what did you want him to be doing - sitting on a whoopee cushion, juggling pies and bursting balloons ?
:lol1:

Now that would be an interview!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

warrior49 wrote:Saw him on the evening news tonight and thought he looked a miserable sod.
he should be grateful to be at our club and not just look like a scruffy sulky little schoolboy.

According to him, being at Wigan is "just another step on the coaching ladder" and an assist in his quest to be "where he wants to be in his coaching career"..
Pardon me Mr Harris, this is Wigan, get real, and get busy....Or get lost..
What a pathetic post. Grow up and support the guy until we have reason to do otherwise.
I'm no happy clapper but he gets my full support despite any thoughts I had of his in his playing days or coaching days up to now.

My word we have the best fans in the world :conf:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!