Re: Widnes to play on plastic next year.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

I don't think it will be astroturf. It'll be like the pitch at the Reebok with thin bits of plastic grass mixed in with real grass i would think.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Just read the report, doesn't sound like there will be any real grass on it. That synthetic stuff pretty good though.
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

the pitch is the same as in my back garden and in the soccer dome, it really is great stuff, its supported by rubber to cushion the impact.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Perhaps they will rename their ground to Visa Stadium.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Such pitches are the future for amateur / Championship clubs IMO. These pitches are a country mile from the original 'astro turf' pitches where the ball ran crazily fast and bounced ludicrously high and your skin was burned upon harsh, fast contact.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Perhaps they will rename their ground to Visa Stadium.

Get it!!!:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan