CAS NAME DONLAN ASSISTANT COACH

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

CAS NAME DONLAN ASSISTANT COACH

Post by josie andrews »

Castleford have appointed former player Stuart Donlan as their new assistant coach.

A member of the Tigers' promotion-winning Grand Final side of 2007, the 33-year-old Donlan returns to the club on a three-year contract as right-hand man to new head coach Ian Millward.

Donlan played under Millward for the last two years at his hometown club Leigh after previous spells at Halifax and Huddersfield but will now retire as a player to take up his new role.

"I'm really looking forward to getting started," he said. "It's with a little sadness that I've played my last game but realistically with finding games longer to recover from I was only going to retire at the end of the season just gone anyway.

"Being offered this chance has made retiring a lot easier. The opportunity to coach in Super League with Ian was just too good to turn down."

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan