Only in Stoke!!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kiwiseddon

Only in Stoke!!

Post by Kiwiseddon »

It's such a shame because Stoke was/is a friendly, working class town. My Dad moved to Stoke 32 years ago because it reminded him of Wigan but I (as a long time Stoke resident) feel that it really lets itself down sometimes.
The reason I write is because Stoke Council are about to redevelop an old bus station in Hanley into a new shopping centre. Nothing wrong with that but they're going to call it "City Sentral." Why the stupid spelling?? It makes no sense to me and kind of rings out of how Stoke just makes a mockery of itself at times.
While I'm on the subject, we used to have a bus company called P.M.T! and the only strip club (not that I've ever been there....ahem) is called ST1 after the local postcode. But to have a strip club with a pretty much identical abbreviation for 'sexually transmitted infection' in massive letters over the door is about right for Stoke.
Why do we have to be a laughing stock? Stoke has lots of positives.......somewhere, it just makes me cringe that we always have to be a poor, two bit little town when we should be the honest, friendly working class town I moved to as a child. :conf:
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: Only in Stoke!!

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

I quite like stoke as a place,

and i love being called "Duck" by anyone and everyone i speak to!!!!!
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
cpwigan

Re: Only in Stoke!!

Post by cpwigan »

Stoke is a strange place. Neither a town nor a city, 6 individual villages IIRC merged into one from my time living there. It is many years since I do so I have no idea what it is like now.