(4 Nations) Wembley a success?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
rdownes9

Re: (4 Nations) Wembley a success?

Post by rdownes9 »

I've said it before on here, but I think the Wembley occasion was excellent. I live in Great Yarmouth and can count on one hand the number of league fans I know locally, so it's frustrating for me that I've got so few people to share my passion for the sport with. RL needs to raise its profile down south, so occasions like last Saturday at Wembley can only help. The RFL still need to do more to generate interest in the south.

Yes London's expensive, it's the capital, it's to be expected, but I can't imagine anyone who was there could say they didn't enjoy it. The atmosphere was excellent I thought. Me and my brother took my dad for his birthday, and we got our tickets and a hotel for £100 in total. We stayed in Watford, so £10 each train tickets. All in all, money well spent for something my old man (and me) will remember for a long. I'd just like to see more done to raise the profile down south, so I could have more people to discuss our great sport with, cos at the moment I only have my dad, brother, one friend who plays union, and a Kiwi and an Aussie!!