Why are you all havin' a go at your backs?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
hayley 04

Re: Why are you all havin'...

Post by hayley 04 »

Well DoveoverDave I guess you are entitled to your opinions and I apologise for what I said about not changing your opinions. That was a bit out of order but because I'm so passionate about him as a player I guess I expect everyone else to see what I see so I guess sometimes I can seem narrowminded. I just believe he is what this club needs to turn itself around and, hopefully, with the right amount of input from Ian Millward fans will see what I see.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

hayley 04 posted:
Well DoveoverDave I guess you are entitled to your opinions and I apologise for what I said about not changing your opinions. That was a bit out of order but because I'm so passionate about him as a player I guess I expect everyone else to see what I see so I guess sometimes I can seem narrowminded. I just believe he is what this club needs to turn itself around and, hopefully, with the right amount of input from Ian Millward fans will see what I see.
My point exactly. Hooper i feel is a good player at the Saints as he is allowed to run the game along with Cunningham, Long and P. Sculthope. Hopefully that will be the pattern we see in the next 6 months.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

the gimble posted;
We have not played him at 7
I'll tke this as fact. He's an even worse proposition now in my mind.
id have Orr in the top 4.
I take this to mean top 4 stand offs? Seriously you put him with Cooke at Hull?(picked Cooke out because he not a GB player either)or Thorham at Giants (another non GB player) on what evidence?
It seems to me he is being made the scapegoat
He was our Star signing last term. The guy's been a disaster on the playing front and now he seems unable to get himself fit! Of course the pessure's on he's a [new] "top" name at a big club.
Brown A hell of a lot better than Brown will ever be.
Maybe so but that's not saying a lot for either player. Brown will be on less than half the contract of Orr and he, at least, manages to make it to the field most weeks!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
[Haley I very much do, just ask GeoffN! :)
wish youd been wrong about the London scre prediction!

I am not on Orr's case I'm just giving you the counter arguement. The lads been injured lots this year which is a shame for both him and the club. However prior to this (last season) he looked short of what I term "Wigan class".

I thought he was a poor accuisition when we signed him and he has done nothing to dissuade me otherwise. I'm trying to highlight the paucity of talent at the club when we have to regard a player, who stands no chance of getting a game with other top clubs, is being touted as some kind of mesiah to all our ills.

I'm probably in the middle, in that I don't think the sun shines out of his 'seat', but I'd agree he hasn't been at his best for us either...partly due to injury, partly to not having a settled partner, partly because our pack isn't up to much without Farrell, Hock and O'Loughlin. Given an extended run alonside Moran, I still think he can produce things.
mario

Post by mario »

thegimble posted:
mario posted:
Matty Johns lack of ability/interest stopped him!

Not his ability but you hit the nail on the head with your other remark. Now why would he not be interested.

Maybe he liked to dictate games and instead Faz did. So many No6 were that poor before they came here over the last 6-7 years. And we still signed them.

I think Not.
Why do you think not? because of Mos' ability to sniff out a good player?
I thought O'neil was good myself. We certainly missed him when he went.I also agree we miss Orr,but he is capable of much better. Faz or the coach is no excuse for him not performing.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

hayley 04 posted:
I sincerely hope your right!
If so you can expect a full and grovelling retraction on here from me. Spouting our opinions is what the site is for - if we all agreed there would be no point in it!
Keep posting I enjoyed the Danny chat. :)