An Aus View

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Nezza Faz

Re: An Aus View

Post by Nezza Faz »

[quote="eccywarrior"]tbh its eddie who shouldnt be commentating. hes a football man and should leave the game well alone as he just talks utter rubbish.
[/quote

Agreed 100%. His depth of actual knowledge is embarrassingly poor, although he also does his best to be positive in general. It's just that trying to do that, he pours out some total garbage, which gives the commentary a farcical look, imo.

You kind of need the others, like Carney, Wells, etc to be there in order to give a balanced opinion and for the watching audience to be given some credibility with his broadcasting.

The whole list of others is at least encouraging and should keep Hemmings firmly tuned in if he wants to continue as front man of Sky's RL coverage.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Maybe we could send over warren smith,he is embarrassingly biased against any team that isn`t from nsw and he harps on the same subject the whole season when he does the commentary on STORM games even in 2011( salary cap scandal).TOTAL TOSSER
:(
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

wiganwarriordav​e​ wrote:I've given up getting wound up about Eddie and Stevo now. I don't know of any fans from any team who actually enjoy their commentary. It's amateur argument and drone at best. Why Sky still employ them, is far beyond me.

Carney, McRae, Nobby, Kear, Barrie Mac, Terry O, Jon Wells, Robbie Paul, Paul Culen..... The list of possible replacements is huge. The mind boggles.
Not Cullen, please.

Bill Arthur, Barrie Mac and Terry O do commentary on championship games, and it is far better than anything Ediie and Stevo come up with.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

Eddie acts like an over opinionated, enthusiastic cheerleader whilst on commentary, the only reason why he is still doing the commentary is because of his tone and being eccentric. His knowledge is not what it should be. In saying that, I do think that he is a better presenter, and should just do that. Leave the commentary to someone who knows what they are doing.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They are all like a bunch of fellas watching the game in the pub & discussing it between themselves. They miss half of what's actually happening because of this load of waffle between themselves. They are suppose to comment on the game & what is happening for the viewing public! That's what they are paid for :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan