Purdham retires on medical advice

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Purdham retires on medical advice

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 090044.stm

Doesnt say what but harsh on the guy always gave a lot of effort and what happened to his brother no man should have to endure.

good luck in his retirement
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Re: Purdham retires on medical advice

Post by cpwigan »

Shoulder injury. Kept him out for much of last season.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

And while I'm sure that while it was medical advice, I'm sure that recent events have made him realise that there's much more out there than RL. Although it may have been RL that got him through it?

Either way I think it would be futile to think that he could carry on as he was before his brother was killed.

Whatever he decides to do, I wish him the very best of luck and hope he succeeds.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kiwiseddon wrote:And while I'm sure that while it was medical advice, I'm sure that recent events have made him realise that there's much more out there than RL. Although it may have been RL that got him through it?

Either way I think it would be futile to think that he could carry on as he was before his brother was killed.

Whatever he decides to do, I wish him the very best of luck and hope he succeeds.
I've no doubt he will return to the family business. Hope he can settle, he said on SLSM how much he enjoyed life in London!