Player transfers Wigan-St.Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bill.inger

Player transfers Wigan-St.Helens

Post by bill.inger »

Talking rugby in the pub the other day, we realised that there havn't been a great number of players moving directly from Wigan to Tellins or vice verca over the last fifty/sixty years but the ones who came to Wigan have all been cracking players. The first player I remember moving to us was a lad named Bill Bretherton, a prop, then Frank Carlton, what a buy he was, a great winger. Then Andy Platt, followed by Gary Connolly. Somewhere in the mix are Duggie Greenhall and Brian Hogan and thats about it. I can't think of many who have moved to Tellins other than Bobby Goulding and Longy, via Widnes, Nat Silcock(but I never saw him play for Wigan) and Ricky Bibey. Oh yes!!!! and Bill Sayer, how could I almost forget how that man did for us at Wembley. Any more anyone?
TSB

Re: Player transfers Wigan-St.Helens

Post by TSB »

Bryn Hargreaves,
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

dwayne west and gus o donnell. I think mick sullivan played a season at st helens as well.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd not long been going to Central Park when Bill Francis crossed over to the dark side!
donny

Post by donny »

adrian shelford saints to wigan
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

stuart jones, brett goldspink,
IN WANE WE TRUST
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Just remembered another, Eddie Cunningham, eldest brother of Kieran.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Not sure about this one, he was from st helens but not sure if he played for them, Brian Dunn have a pint with him every now and then and he's a cracking bloke.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Dougie Laughton, Alan Whittle and Neil Courtney, Saints to Wigan.
Billy Blan Wigan to Saints (via Leeds)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Higham to us via bradford
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure