Spoty---was I asleep?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Spoty---was I asleep?

Post by ian.birchall »

Did I nod off for a few seconds and miss the BBC review of the Rugby League year. They could after all have shown Tomkins Snrs' Wembley try and told us how this proved he was good enough for Union. The only mention I saw was Len Killeen in the Obituaries and he wasn't even British. Disgusting treatment once again from our nationalised television channel
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ancientnloyal

Re: Spoty---was I asleep?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Well done to Mark Cavendish!! I'm overjoyed and elated he's won as I am into cycling. What a year it's been... for those unfamiliar here are a few reasons why he's been voted spoty:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h31WWkL4nsY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_At0CpFB ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvxRPK0U ... re=related[/youtube]
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Agree entirely Marc. It would have been nice for there to have been a RL segment, but when has there ever been one? I can't remember one.

Cav is a true deserved recipient of the award. Not only World Champion, but smashing Grand Tour records every year and he's still young enough to be a true legend of the sport. Hope he stays injury free and his form continues for many years to come.

Oh, and his partner's not too shabby either mmmmmm :D

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

an underwear model iirc? Just Olympic Gold and he just needs a few classics
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

She is / was indeed. But she's a huge ambassador for our Armed Forces as well now.

I wonder what he'll do about going for stage wins in the classics next year, surely he'll have one eye on staying fresh for the Olympics.

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

what did my head is why the mixed league and union togeather? 2 completely different sports
IN WANE WE TRUST
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Sutty wrote:Agree entirely Marc. It would have been nice for there to have been a RL segment, but when has there ever been one? I can't remember one.
There must have been a mention of RL a few years back when it was somehow contrived to make Stains the "team of the Year"
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
Sutty wrote:Agree entirely Marc. It would have been nice for there to have been a RL segment, but when has there ever been one? I can't remember one.
There must have been a mention of RL a few years back when it was somehow contrived to make Stains the "team of the Year"
I was just generalising. I did see Waney, Lockers and Deacs sat behind Alan Shearer. I also saw Nobby (surprise surprise), Burrow and a couple of others. But on the whole, historically, League rarely gets a mention on SPOTY.
My frustration was quelled a little though with Cav winning it, as he has been simply awesome for a few years now and it's nice that a "lesser" sport gets the recognition, instead of the usual football, RU, Tennis etc etc.

nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
I remember wigan winning team of the year 1994 or 1995 I think it was but what do you expect from a station which treats rugby league as a minority sport and second class to RUGBY UNION. Most of the coverage done by the BBC is a joke they cant help themselves in deriding our sport and when it is compared to UNION you can see there inate derision because most of the people who work in the BBC come from southern middle class areas and love it when any of our players fale to make it big in union They cant wait to call and deride them. No matter how they dress it up UNION is a middle class sport and League is working class and as such cant be mentioned in the same breath
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Disagree Nelly. Union supporters absolutely love it when of our finest makes the change; they get all silly. "He has to be good because he's seen the light and come to Union" is their way of thinking. It's akin to some religious conversion. Look at the way they over-reacted with Robinson; and listen to their ecstatic response to Sam walking in the easiest of tries at dear old Twickers, ridiculous!