Silverwood in bother wont ref this weekend

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Silverwood in bother wont ref this weekend

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Re: Silverwood in bother wont ref this weekend

Post by Kittwazzer »

TOP Super League referee Richard Silverwood has been stood down from this weekend's crucial play-off matches.

Silverwood, last year's Rugby League International Federation Referee of the Year and with 17 internationals under his belt, allegedly had a 'serious confrontation' with a Galpharm Stadium steward at the Huddersfield v Leeds game last Sunday.

It is understood Silverwood, in charge of the televised Hull KR v Castleford game the night before, was attending the match on a social basis.

Silverwood, who last year missed an all-important Four Nations match in Australia after allegedly sleeping in and missing his Auckland to Sydney flight, has taken charge of more than 250 Super League games and two Challenge Cup finals.

A Huddersfield insider said the matter was now in the hands of referees' chief Stuart Cummings and the RFL compliance unit as they determine exactly what occurred.

However, Silverwood is expected to be part of the international team of refs for the 2011 Four Nations in England and Wales starting in October.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Good on im sez I.

Those Galpharm stewards are a bunch of jumped up Little Hitlers!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

The best ref in Super League by a million miles.

Compare and contrast to the joker Ganson and the fool reffing tomorrow, Bentham.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Many stewards are atrocious in terms of attitude/behaviour so until I discover otherwise, my support lies with Silverwood.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

yokozuna wrote:The best ref in Super League by a million miles.

Compare and contrast to the joker Ganson and the fool reffing tomorrow, Bentham.
Has he made his peace with the RFL? I hope he is back reffing this year!