Solomona breaks his leg in Aus

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Solomona breaks his leg in Aus

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Re: Solomona breaks his leg in Aus

Post by Kittwazzer »

exile in Tiger country wrote:http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_684 ... n-leg.html

Bad news for Wire.
Bad news for us as well. I'm happy when he comes on against us!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I have a smile on my face about the age difference for Solomona coming from various sources.

Are Warrington grimly realising that they are a vastly aged side and as such reducing the player's ages given to media sources?!
Warrington have been dealt a blow ahead of the new Super League season with the news that David Solomona has sustained a broken leg.

The experienced forward sustained the injury during the Super League club's three-week training camp in Australia.

The 31-year-old former New Zealand international underwent surgery in the Prince of Wales Hospital in Randwick, Sydney and will now remain with the rest of the squad Down Under
(He will be 34 in 2 weeks time)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

That must have been a misprint BM. perhaps it should have read "the former 31 year old"!! :wink: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DAVID Solomona is set to be sidelined for 'four to five months' with the serious leg injury he has sustained on Warrington Wolves' training camp in Australia.

Warrington Guardian has spoken to head of coaching and rugby Tony Smith in Sydney this morning and he has added to the details issued by the club yesterday, revealing that Solomona dislocated his ankle and damaged ankle ligaments as well as breaking his leg in an innocuous incident.

"He was in a training drill," said Smith.

"He hit into a bump pad and was about to spin, turn and offload like Dave can.

"But his foot went down awkwardly and rolled. He's a big man and the weight's obviously dropped in the wrong spot.

"It was a pretty innocuous sort of collision, one that he's probably done a thousand times in the last couple of years.

"It's just one of them things that can happen.

"He broke his fibula but he also had a dislocation of the ankle, which went back in but at the same time it damaged a couple of the ligaments around the ankle.

"So they had to be repaired and there was an operation.

"The training accident happened on Thursday, he had his operation on Friday and he was back with us on Saturday.

"I'd say it will be four to five months of recovery from that sort of injury from what I've been told."

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/wol ... g/?ref=rss
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_684 ... n-leg.html

Bad news for Wire.
Bad news for us as well. I'm happy when he comes on against us!
Not so sure on that KW.
Last years Challenge Cup Quarter Final was heading Wire's way until he went off injured.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

josie andrews wrote:That must have been a misprint BM. perhaps it should have read "the former 31 year old"!! :wink: :lol:

Oh Josie.....that was very mean of you!! ha ha... Miaow!

:eusa9: :eusa9: