Stobart super league title sponsers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Re: Stobart super league title sponsers

Post by markill »

Apparently only about 5% off the fleet will bear any sponsorship.

The lack of money coming in to league is bound to have a knock on effect to the grass-roots of the game, who won't really see the benefit of the stobart deal.

I also don't really understand how exposure on the side of trucks is going to really spread the awareness of the sport, I think RL fans will get a kick out of seeing their club on a truck, but i never see a truck and think i'll look up whatever is on the side as i drive past with no ability to actually look this up. Surely a deal with a media company/broadcaster would've had a better effect if awareness and advertising is the sole aim.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

[quote="markill"]
The lack of money coming in to league is bound to have a knock on effect to the grass-roots of the game, who won't really see the benefit of the stobart deal.quote]

Good point mark but i still think if we get new fans watching the sport they may want to take part / their children in some way. It may also grow the grass roots game as well. Added to that new fans may go to the international games and the challenge cup final creating more review for the RFL to put into grass roots rugby.

jobo

Post by jobo »

markill wrote:Apparently only about 5% off the fleet will bear any sponsorship.

The lack of money coming in to league is bound to have a knock on effect to the grass-roots of the game, who won't really see the benefit of the stobart deal.

I also don't really understand how exposure on the side of trucks is going to really spread the awareness of the sport, I think RL fans will get a kick out of seeing their club on a truck, but i never see a truck and think i'll look up whatever is on the side as i drive past with no ability to actually look this up. Surely a deal with a media company/broadcaster would've had a better effect if awareness and advertising is the sole aim.
If what you say is correct, then how can the RFL say the deal is worth £2.5 million. Stobarts have around 2,000 lorries and 5,000 trailers which means there could only ever be a maximum of 100, bearing RL advertising on the road at any one time???????