Magic Weekend 2012

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ignar

Re: Magic Weekend 2012

Post by Ignar »

I will be there.

Loads of hotels in MCR, the Macdonnald isnt to far from Picadilly station and is really cheap for a good quality hotel through late rooms.com. The biggest problem i have with the Magic weekend being in Manchester is that Mrs Ignar will be expecting me to come home on the Saturday.

I need help with a plan!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Ignar wrote:I will be there.

Loads of hotels in MCR, the Macdonnald isnt to far from Picadilly station and is really cheap for a good quality hotel through late rooms.com. The biggest problem i have with the Magic weekend being in Manchester is that Mrs Ignar will be expecting me to come home on the Saturday.

I need help with a plan!
Meeting up with old friends you haven't seen for years?
Being too drunk to get home?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Tell the truth! :huh2:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Mrs Lifter wrote: we play them all over the season so what does it matter.
I'd say it matters because this is an additional game to the home and away matches so Leeds and Wire are effectively being gifted 2 points!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

It will just make it all the better when we win the league.

Hotel now booked and looking forward to it, as long as not as cold as last two years :D
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I dont think the RFL can have blame attached to them for organising the fixtures to give our rivals any sort of edge on us.

I would say, after Edinburgh & Cardiff, they just want to have as many bums on seats to get good attendances for the weekend - nothing wrong with that. And obviously by having as many "local" derby's in the line-up, gives them every chance of having bumber crowds over the 2 days, especially as the venue is so handily placed and seems that Ticket prices are very good value, especially for season ticket holders.

No need to get too worried on that score, imo.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Can someone confirm this for me, the May 28th Bank Holiday has been moved to Tuesday the 5th June for the Queens Jubilee? Therefore it'll be back to work the day after we play Saints?

I really want to go but this is a joke, it should be a Bank Holiday.
Up The Mont!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Sorry you have heard correctly
Bank Holidays 2012 and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee

There are 9 holidays in a normal year. These include the following public and bank holiday dates. Assume they fall on a Monday unless mentioned. The following dates apply to England, Wales and Northern Ireland. There are some differences in Scotland which are mentioned:

Early May Bank Holiday 7th May. This is better known in England and Wales as May Day and originated in Roman times to celebrate the beginning of the summer season.
Spring Bank Holiday 4th June. Most years this falls on the last Monday of May but this year it has been pushed forward to coincide with the Royal celebrations (see below).

This year there is a 10th day off from work for the whole of the country. This is a very special occasion- The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. This marks 60 years of the Queen’s reign. Her coronation took place on June 2nd 1953. The extra public holiday in 2012 will be held on Tuesday 5th June.

The official Jubilee Weekend is June 2nd- June 5th. The late May public holiday has been pushed forward to June 4th this year so that everyone can celebrate a 4 day weekend. This special occasion will be celebrated with a variety of events including a concert at Buckingham Palace. Also 2012 beacons will be lit up around the UK. The only other monarch to celebrate a Diamond Jubilee was Queen Elizabeth in 1897. This will be a momentous 4 day weekend with national celebrations. Many people are expected to have garden parties and busy roads will have decorations and processions to mark this amazing milestone.
http://www.holidays2012.me.uk/bank-holi ... d-jubilee/
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Anyone still feeling miffed about having to face the losing Grand Finalists? :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southernpie wrote: The only other monarch to celebrate a Diamond Jubilee was Queen Elizabeth in 1897. This will be a momentous 4 day weekend with national celebrations. Many people are expected to have garden parties and busy roads will have decorations and processions to mark this amazing milestone.
Surely this should say Queen Victoria!!!

If this is an official bulletin, the author ought to be sent to the Tower & beheaded :wink: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan