The new 2012 Season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gizmo_Edwards

The new 2012 Season

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

I am going to try and predict the final league table:

Wigan
Wire
Saints
Leeds
Huddersfield
Catalan
Hull FC
Hull KR
Bradford
Castleford
London
Salford
Wakefield
Widnes

Hopefully something like that. Discuss?

It is obvious our Wigan club are trying to emulate 1985 WCC game against Manly when we had all english players. However I am still of the belief that you need a couple of good imports to compete. However, I applaud Shaun Wane for giving Wigan lads a chance and wish him every success.

2012 Expectations - I fink its only right that our aim is to attend Wembley or Old trafford every year.

Big Season - I fully expect Lee Mossop to carry on from where he left off last season, our results dropped off when he was missing and he is my first choice at prop.

Big improvements - Amos and Fielden, both have my support but need to show what they can do this year or there contracts wont get renewed.

Good Luck to the team, hope to see you all there on Sunday, I cannot wait....
Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
Wigan_forever1985

Re: The new 2012 Season

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

final league table:

Wire
Saints
Wigan
Leeds
Huddersfield
Catalan
Hull FC
Hull KR
Bradford
Castleford
Widnes
Salford
London
Wakefield

2012 Expectations - I think we will win the GF and be runners up to either Wire or Saints in the CC.

Big Season - Gaz Hock, looked real good against hudds they really struggled to handle him

Big improvements - Farrell, he had a brilliant 1st season and a very average 2nd needs to raise him game on his day a top quality player.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Wire
Wigan
Saints
Catalan
Hull FC
Huddersfield
Hull KR
Leeds
Castleford
Bradford
Widnes
Salford
London
Wakefield

2012 Predicitions - Leeds will struggle again and being another year older they will find it harder to get the end of season burst of energy they had last year. Wire will finish top again but i think we will make another visit to Wembeley. Hull and Catalans will improve as well but Bradford wont unless Jarrad Samut carries them all season like Rangi Chase did with Cas.

Big Season - Goulding and Charnley will be working all season long on a partnership that if they get right can rival any in SL

Big Improvement - Amos but its last chance saloon now and hopefully Fielden can take some of the pressure off Mossop to allow him to keep on top form all year
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wire
Leeds
St Helens
Wigan
Hull
Catalans
Castleford
Huddersfield
Hull KR
Bradford
Widnes
Salford
Wakefield
London

2012 expectations: More junior players to gain experience

Big Season: Brett Finch. Virtually all our organizing will come from him, we know it and so do our opponents (hence why I think we will finish were I do)

Big Improvement: Michael McIlorum. I think his game was somehow subdued by what Madge wanted from him - time will tell.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Wigan all the way! Think Shaun will surprise as did McDermott at Leeds.If he can instil the real Wigan Mentality into the boys we can and will prevail!! Ever the day dreamer. :D
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

is it just me that thinks Leeds wont do well next year. they finished 5th last year and were close to not even making the playoffs through most of the season. they got lucky last year by wnning at the right time and while it still counts in the reocrd books it wont happen again
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

"League Express" paper today predicts both Wolves & Leeds would struggle badly with ageing squads catching up on them, esp. in Leeds' case.

They predict us to come 2nd. and Sts to come top.
They also say both us & Sts will be in the Grand Final BUT they will win it this time (they NEVER WIN G/F's :D ).

Would we accept this finish now, today, before a ball is kicked or a pass taken ? Not many of us on here have been quite as optimistic as this paper !
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I expect us to finish in the top 2.

then come playoff time who knows!!!!

I really don't know why saints are being tipped so highly, firstly nobody knows how they'll go at their new stadium, lots of teams struggle with a new stadium!!

secondly they've lost Graham and he was massive for them, add to that wellens, flannery and a couple of others are starting to get old i'm not sure what they'll do!!!

i expect wire to be there or there abouts but there team ha a lot of older players as well, Morley Briers, hodgson, monaghan, plus Solomona is a big player for them and he's out for a good while!!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

WIGAN
St Helens
Wire
Castleford - Yeh, I did.
Leeds
Catalans
Huddersfield
Hull FC
Hull KR
Bradford
Wakefield
Salford
Widnes
London

2012 Predictions - Wigan and St Helens to be head and shoulders above everyone else, as was showed in the 2 Playoff games last season. Wire will be good but not as good as the previous years. Leeds can kiss my big fat cherry end as far as I'm concerned, Champions my arse. Castleford will be good because Millward will bring out the best in their youngsters.

Big Season - At Wigan I'd expect Finch and Mossop to have big seasons as well as our full back. Away from Wigan I'd say Lomax of St Helens and Darryl Clark at Cas.

Big Improvement - Fielden (Obviously) and Hock. If Finch and Hock can work well together it could be trouble for any team defending our left hand side.

We relied a lot on our full backlast season for a bit of spark, this year we have Finch in full flow so attacking options are greater this year. As long as we muscle up in the forwards against Wire and Saints it should be our season.
Up The Mont!
BriH

Post by BriH »

TonyH wrote:WIGAN
St Helens
Wire
Castleford - Yeh, I did.
Leeds
Catalans
Huddersfield
Hull FC
Hull KR
Bradford
Wakefield
Salford
Widnes
London

2012 Predictions - Wigan and St Helens to be head and shoulders above everyone else, as was showed in the 2 Playoff games last season. Wire will be good but not as good as the previous years. Leeds can kiss my big fat cherry end as far as I'm concerned, Champions my arse. Castleford will be good because Millward will bring out the best in their youngsters.

Big Season - At Wigan I'd expect Finch and Mossop to have big seasons as well as our full back. Away from Wigan I'd say Lomax of St Helens and Darryl Clark at Cas.

Big Improvement - Fielden (Obviously) and Hock. If Finch and Hock can work well together it could be trouble for any team defending our left hand side.

We relied a lot on our full backlast season for a bit of spark, this year we have Finch in full flow so attacking options are greater this year. As long as we muscle up in the forwards against Wire and Saints it should be our season.
Good on yeh TonyH!