Monday Night Rugby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Monday Night Rugby

Post by jobo »

I'm all in favour of more rugby on the telly and as much as I dislike sky their coverage is excellent. Can see though if you're a shift worker or have to travel why this would put people off renewing season tickets.

If it's purely down to sky needing something for Monday evenings the surely they could just record an extra game from over the weekend to be shown in full on Monday night.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Sky Live Monday Games - Full List

21st May Leeds v Saints
4th June Bradford v Cas
11th June Huddersfield v Hull KR
25th June Wigan v Widnes
2nd Jul Widnes v Castleford
9 Jul Warrington v Catalan
23 Jul Hull FC v Hull KR
30 Jul Wakefield v Leeds
6 Aug Saints v Warrington
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Another stupid idea,where do they think them up from? I will not be able to get to Monday night games and i feel i will not be the only one.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

ste lord wrote:The home game Vs Widnes will
Be moved from the Friday to the following Monday thus meaning two games in 5 days as we play Bradfort at home that Friday night !!
What makes you think it well be the widnes game? I was intending going to that game. The sunday games are not good for me either so it's gonna be a poor season for attending games for me personnally. :angry:
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Same for me mate and fri night games are a mad rush too :(

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Wes

Post by Wes »

We constantly moan about lack of advertising and exposure ..... seems we cant win! Personally think its a great move if it means we have 3 games on tv every week!

If its only til football comes back on I guarantee you all will be moaning that sky have replaced it .....
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

29wes28 wrote:We constantly moan about lack of advertising and exposure ..... seems we cant win! Personally think its a great move if it means we have 3 games on tv every week!

If its only til football comes back on I guarantee you all will be moaning that sky have replaced it .....
Is it an extra game though ? I believe it will replace the game normally screened on Saturday night , therefore still only 2 live Superleague games per week .
2002 and EW is hooked
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

This has gone on in football for a long time and im assuming it hasnt had a massive effect of gate receipts but i haven't got that stats to back that up its just a guess.

Im all for it gives me something to look forward to on a monday
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Thankfully the fixtures moving to Monday night only involved one Wigan fixture all told.

Now the question remains: do Wigan play Bradford only 4 days later on the Friday as it currently stands?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
markill

Post by markill »

29wes28 wrote:We constantly moan about lack of advertising and exposure ..... seems we cant win! Personally think its a great move if it means we have 3 games on tv every week!

People just love to complaint Wes. Even now we know its only one game. Every season for every season ticket there must be at least one game they can't go to due to a wedding or as they're on holiday or whatever. But becuase Sky are choosing to show our sport on a night of the week where there is NO OTHER LIVE SPORT (other than usually some domestic Speedway maybe?) to compete with for viewing its suddenly another example of failure in our sport.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod