Aftermath

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Aftermath

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
jobo wrote: Hear what your saying but Hull were at full strength and are going to take some beating at the KC. Broncos brought in plenty of quality but saints outscored them. Hudds several first team regulars missing.

Agree that 1 match doesn't make a season but this was a bad loss for us, not just the loss of two points but from a morale point of view, especially our coach.

Shaun Wane is technically capable of putting things right it's just a worry that the basics went to pot.
Waney is, but has he got the tools at his disposal?
If he hasn't it's his own fault. Last years team would have destroyed that Hudds side, and the new signings are all Wane's choices.
Are you sure?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If he hasn't it's his own fault. Last years team would have destroyed that Hudds side, and the new signings are all Wane's choices.
How do you know that the signings are Wane's choices?? There has been a lot going on behind the scenes from what I have been told!!! And not all Wanes doing. But no one, whether owner, manager, coach or player is going to say anything detrimental about the club or any decisions that are made.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

10 games is a good time to start making assesments!

I am not dissapointed we where beat on the night simple as that! some players will need to raise their games this weekend.

the only thing I am dissapointed in is the fact we are not utilising Mellor or Powell, both are ready for the step up IMO!

Tommy is an excellent rugby player but also IMO he is most lethal @ 9 with a free reign! I like Mickey Mac his defensive duties are ruthless but if he wants to stay and prgress he needs to up in in attack!
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

It could take us a while to find out strongest team IMO. We really need someone who can attack the line from stand off. I think that gievn the players at our disposal the best combination could well be -

9 Tommy
13 Lockers
7 Finch
6 Sam
1 Russell/Amos

First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

AdamMac wrote:It could take us a while to find out strongest team IMO. We really need someone who can attack the line from stand off. I think that gievn the players at our disposal the best combination could well be -

9 Tommy
13 Lockers
7 Finch
6 Sam
1 Russell/Amos
I agree that a stand off should be quick of the mark and be a play maker, so i think we only have one of these.

Lockers should never leave the pack, he is not and never will be a half back. I know Leeds do this with Sinfield, but he is 10 times the player lockers is.

:o

Oh dear, I'll be lynched again.
antobolto

Post by antobolto »

[quote="jobo"]Match against Hudds was a throw back to Nobby's time. We lost by 4 points and although I haven't seen the stats for completion rate and errors I'm willing to bet they were pretty poor.

I didn't see the game, just the highlights and from what I can gather we only lost because of two missed conversions. Couldn't find stats for completion rate however the errors were actually really good- the lowest n° errors out of all the teams. When you compare our performance with that of the teams who won first round, the stand-out figure is missed tackles. Stats-wise, there was practically nothing at all between us & Hudds: on Paper there doesn't look like much to do in order to bring things round.

This loss might not turn out to be such a bad thing- I take the point that it's bad for morale, but what better way to get everyone on their toes for Leeds?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

josie andrews wrote:
How do you know that the signings are Wane's choices?? There has been a lot going on behind the scenes from what I have been told!!! And not all Wanes doing. But no one, whether owner, manager, coach or player is going to say anything detrimental about the club or any decisions that are made.
Surely the Coach has the main say on who the club sign?
He has stated Luaki was a great signing, I don't imagine Shaun Wane is the type of bloke to be a "Yes" man.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

First Try Tickle wrote:
AdamMac wrote:It could take us a while to find out strongest team IMO. We really need someone who can attack the line from stand off. I think that gievn the players at our disposal the best combination could well be -

9 Tommy
13 Lockers
7 Finch
6 Sam
1 Russell/Amos
I agree that a stand off should be quick of the mark and be a play maker, so i think we only have one of these.

Lockers should never leave the pack, he is not and never will be a half back. I know Leeds do this with Sinfield, but he is 10 times the player lockers is.

Troll alert!!

Surely you are extracting the urine?
Go on, admit it, you forgot to add the :wink: didn't you?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

First Try Tickle wrote:

9 Tommy
13 Lockers
7 Finch
6 Sam
1 Russell/Amos

I do not believe you should be lynched for that remark about Sinfield and Lockers,certified yes but not lynched
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

First Try Tickle wrote:

9 Tommy
13 Lockers
7 Finch
6 Sam
1 Russell/Amos

Troll alert!!

Surely you are extracting the urine?
Go on, admit it, you forgot to add the :wink: didn't you?
If the point being argued is that Sinfield makes a better stand off than Lockers, then he is correct.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!