harrison hansen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
formulamoto

harrison hansen

Post by formulamoto »

harrison hansen works his socks off every game and never gets a mention why is that?
wiggydoran

Re: harrison hansen

Post by wiggydoran »

formulamoto wrote:harrison hansen works his socks off every game and never gets a mention why is that?
He does all the behind the scenes work. the people that get a mention Sam, Tommy, Charlney etc make the play look pritty, score the tries and set them up. Basically they are exciting to watch and make an impression. H works hard in defence and makes unselfish dummy runs in attack. He is turning into a quality 2nd rower. He always seems to make making a run towards the inside. very rarly does he get the ball running stright or towards the near side touch line.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Put a serious shift in on Saturday. Played 75 mins and looks like he's put even more size on. Great effort to put in 39 tackles but maybe fans just want that bit more from him in attack if being picky. He runs decent lines but that's about it.

I've no problem with his role in the team, every team needs a hansen but I personally prefer Faz.
markill

Post by markill »

Hansen has been very good and constantly improving for 3/4 seasons. Lets not forget he won 'hitman' award for top tackler in league 3 seasons ago. I know that he gets the approval of me and those around me every week.

Like you say, he just doesn't do the glamorous stuff and we don't have a song for him, so he doesn't get the more vocal recognition from the terraces, but i'm sure in cars home afterwards H gets a mention.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I was very critical of Hansen until last year where I thought he had a blinder.

This year he seems like he's pilled on the weight, but after looking like he was struggling at first, kept going for most of the match and really put some work in.

His defence when next to the centre is amazing , he totally snuffs out attacks and when he goes off it shows dramitically.

I like Faz, but he's nowhere near H for work rate.

The new Ian Potter.
markill

Post by markill »

First Try Tickle wrote:I was very critical of Hansen until last year where I thought he had a blinder.

This year he seems like he's pilled on the weight, but after looking like he was struggling at first, kept going for most of the match and really put some work in.

His defence when next to the centre is amazing , he totally snuffs out attacks and when he goes off it shows dramitically.

I like Faz, but he's nowhere near H for work rate. The new Mick Cassidy.
I think Faz's workrate is up there, certainly if you look at carries and tackles stats - but he makes more errors (knock-on, penalty, missed tackles) than Hansen. having said that, Faz provides a bit more penetration. Thankfully we have them both and they balance their strengths and weaknesses.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod