Wigan Win At Bradford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TonyH

Re: Bradford vs Wigan

Post by TonyH »

First Try Tickle wrote:First of all i would like to say that Goulding was excellent today, he is totally proving me wrong and i will gladly hold my hand up if he keeps this up. Brilliant centre play for Charnleys first, and his sold try was brilliant. Happy to be Kermit the frog on this subject.

As for Bradford, when i heard the team read out i thought o dear, not 1 player made me think he could trouble us. And rightly so, Mick Potter has to go as they were awfull.

But what we did was very good, i like how its all forwards in our own half, then we start to throw it around in thiers. They looked like thay were enyoying it out there and the forwards were running riot. The front row tire them out and the second rowers run the gaps and make space. Great team work, with Finch, Lou Lou and Sam behind.

Good turnout by the Wiganers as well.

Best thing about Bradford, the food selection is second to none...
:roll:

Wane must be a better Coach than Madge because iirc Bradford beat us once under Madge. :D

In all seriousness the Bradford side are littered with exceptional individual players but sadly have never found a Coach that can make them play right together, I sense a Brian Noble comeback to Bratfud if I'm honest, he may not be everyones favourite but he knew how to get teams up for big games.

It's obvious that the 'skills' Wane has said he worked on in pre season have done our team the world of good and for me Ben Flower could turn in to be one of the best under the radar signings anyone has made this year.
Up The Mont!
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Kittwazzer wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote: As for Bradford, when i heard the team read out i thought o dear, not 1 player made me think he could trouble us. And rightly so, Mick Potter has to go as they were awfull.
You said yourself their team is weak, how would a change of coach help?
Its upto Potter who comes and goes, bringing in Sammut isn't going to fill you with confidence. Even Wakefield managed to bring in Tim Smith.

Thier starting prop was Bryn Hargreaves, now I'm sure there is better than him out there.

Even Ah Van seemed better than what they had on the wing. Ainscough seems to have vanished.

Oh yes, and when they signed Karl Pryce he made out it was the signing of the year.

Its what all the Bulls fans were moaning about yesterday. A good turnout by them and they deserved better.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Fair point FTT but I don't think Potter has the market available to him - they are potless as far as I'm aware!
markill

Post by markill »

It didn't help Bradford's cause yesterday that Purtell was injured and Gale went off early. They were two of the better off season signings they made. But the squad is generally poor, and overweight battering ram props aren't the way to go in todays game but Bradford still have a few on their books.

Their next home game is Wire - I think their little music will get plenty of airing then too because I can't see this team improving.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Dobby wrote:
the winky one wrote:Anyone know what has happened to Gelling?..he seems to have
fallen out of favour.
He has never been in favour in the first place to fall out of favour. He is very raw and unproven and will have to prove himself before getting a crack at the first team. He is currently 4th choice (at best) for a centre spot and the way our centres are playing I cant see him getting a chance anytime soon.
I suspect he will see a lot of game time in the under 20's, and wouldn't be surprised if he got dual-reg'd out to Leigh/Widnes/Barrow or someone similar for a bit of first team time.
josie andrews

Re: Bradford vs Wigan + Highlights

Post by josie andrews »

Bradford v Wigan Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYpcYux-5rc
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cherry.pie wrote:I thought we got a decent win today in what was admittedly a very one sided match. There might have been a bit of a worry about complacency again after the Huddersfield game but I thought after a poor opening spell the team settled into a rhythm and played some very good rugby.

Bradford, unfortunately, look a shadow of their former selves and I think they were lucky to get any tries given how little threat they posed during the game.

Our pack looked strong and willing to promote the ball which is good. Lauaki and Flower keep improving with each game while Mossop and Lima were as strong as ever while the entire back row played very well. I also thought McIlorum was good in his early stint and seems to be working on improving his attacking play.

The backs were also on top. Charnley and Tomkins were as dangerous as ever while Richards was threatening.

I thought Hughes struggled a little initially with ball in hand but improved as the game went on and he defended well.

And of course, Darrell Goulding is doing his best to make those who constantly doubt his ability look like total muppets. He was outstanding again today.

All in all, a good all round performance despite not really getting out of second gear. We seem to be playing more attractive rugby this year so it looks like we could be well entertained.
Excellent summary. Goulding is playing out of his skin.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
cherry.pie wrote: And of course, Darrell Goulding is doing his best to make those who constantly doubt his ability look like total muppets. He was outstanding again today.
I think Cas will be a sterner test but another game under the belt and a win won't do the confidence any harm even if the opposition were poor.
I would hope so, but let's not forget that Bradford beat Cas at home last week!!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Couldn't get to the game, but listening on WishFm on t'interweb, I was concerned that we eased off in the last twentyminutes. We seem to feel sorry for sides we have beaten and need to play for the full 80 minutes. Wire will get two easy extra points thanks to the magic weekend fixture against Widnes, so points difference could be vital at the end of the year. We need to be more brutal in these circumstances and rack up 70+ points in games like this.

I know this seems churlish, but it's just my opinion
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
turf

Post by turf »

Wane didn't sound too happy about some of the "silly penalties for offside" we conceded.

Me thinks the players are in for yet another, very tough week in training this week