Can we rescue a Wigan lad in the Red Vee??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gizmo_Edwards

Can we rescue a Wigan lad in the Red Vee??

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Everytime Saints get beat it seems that they blame Jamie Foster for every thing. They have targeted him on twitter. Now im not saying he is better than Charnley or Richards because he isnt.

However, I think he has loads of potential and is a good finisher and excellent goal kicker. Pat cant go on forever though.

Saints only give him a 2 yr deal so i dnt fink he would break the bank.

I think we should rescue our own wigan lad and have his as a squad player to begin with.

Thoughts????

Really enjoyed Catalans win, going to be a tuff game next week. Reading the witch hunts on redvee is amusing!!
Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
turf

Re: Can we rescue a Wigan lad in the Red Vee??

Post by turf »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:

I think we should rescue our own wigan lad and have his as a squad player to begin with.

I totally agree, and I actually feel sorry for Foster, he isn't being given time to learn from his mistakes because as soon as he makes a mistake/error, and bang, the fans are on his back.

Just..........give him a break! That would be my appeal to Saints fans.

As for targeting him on Twitter over it, that is juust not on, he doesn't deserve to have abuse from fans off the pitch as well.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Has anyone deleted him off Facebook yet? that's the ultimate no-no
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

ancientnloyal wrote:Has anyone deleted him off Facebook yet? that's the ultimate no-no
??
jobo

Post by jobo »

No thanks. He's a good all round player but at championship level, defo not SL. If his kicking weren't so good, he'd be at Leigh or somewhere.
markill

Post by markill »

I think he is pretty decent going forwrda as he is a good finisher and has good hands. He is also far more determined and aggresive than his pretty boy image would suggest - I could take him as a replacement for Pat in a couple of years if he strenthens up his defence. He is better in the air than the Duport try showed but his positioning and decision making isn't great and his tackling can be weak.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I have seen the #jf22 thread on RedVee, and the comments on other threads. Admittedly he can kick goals. But you only get 2 points for a goal compared to the 4/6 conceded on the many occasions he ships a try. I don't like the venom he is getting but realistically, his defensive abilities fall far short of Wane's demands.

That said, he is by no means their only whipping boy. Meli, Gardner, Hohaia, Perry, Wheeler, oh let's just say everyone bar Roby. Even their beloved Wello now has knockers. But then, we all get those at a certain age!
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Nice one Kitt. I'm the living - just - proof, but you'll just have to take my word for it. :D :D
turf

Post by turf »

The debate as to if we would rescue him or not is wide open, but I do know one thing that should not be debatable which is that he shouldn't be targeted for his performance on twitter by fans venting their anger just because they lost.

Everyone is human, we all make mistakes, there are 12 other players in that team, who should all carry some of the blame for their defeat last night
turf

Post by turf »

The slating of Foster on his twitter page, will not do his confidence any good in my opinion, and as I say it shouldn't be happening really.

If he is going to get pilaried for it, then maybe his coach should do that with him this week in training, but for the fans to actually post things on twitter to him about his performance is just not on in my opinion