Can we rescue a Wigan lad in the Red Vee??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bazward76

Re: Can we rescue a Wigan lad in the Red Vee??

Post by bazward76 »

I seem to remember a certain Mr Goulding taking alot of unjustified flak over the last few seasons. Rugby fans are always looking for a scapegoat when their team gets beaten and unfortunately some players become easy targets even tho every game is a 17 man effort.

I personally don't think Foster is Wigan class and think he is the latest in a long line of St Helens wingers who will have a couple of good seasons, move to a lesser team and then disappear without trace. Names like Danny Arnold, Anthony Stewart and Joey Hayes spring to mind. An average player can be made to look alot better than they actually are when playing in a good side.

He's maybe an ok squad player but thats about it and for Jamie Foster I fear he has no chance of becoming a Warrior as he has been on the Dark Side for too long.
turf

Post by turf »

bazward76 wrote:I seem to remember a certain Mr Goulding taking alot of unjustified flak over the last few seasons. Rugby fans are always looking for a scapegoat when their team gets beaten and unfortunately some players become easy targets even tho every game is a 17 man effort.

I personally don't think Foster is Wigan class and think he is the latest in a long line of St Helens wingers who will have a couple of good seasons, move to a lesser team and then disappear without trace. Names like Danny Arnold, Anthony Stewart and Joey Hayes spring to mind. An average player can be made to look alot better than they actually are when playing in a good side.

He's maybe an ok squad player but thats about it and for Jamie Foster I fear he has no chance of becoming a Warrior as he has been on the Dark Side for too long.
Sad news really, the bit in bold, but hey, stranger things have happened
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Since when has the club become a charity for "hard luck stories"?

If they are inconsistent at best and not particularly that good when on form, why on Earth should the club sign him just because he lives in or comes from Wigan??

He is just one of the many of those saints juniors incessantly bummed up by the SKY idiots, to be far better than they actually are
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

No no and double no. The guy is a primadonna who thinks he's made it big time already, signing piranha guard deals and boot deals. Amidst all this he has forgotten to improve himself. He seeks for attention and praise on Twitter after he's had a half decent game and goes into hiding if not. Having a good RL team is not just about buying or having good players it is also about how they fit in to that place and lets be honest we've already got an attention seeking show off who is a million times better than Foster.

He can kick the occasional goal too ;)
Up The Mont!
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Lets sign him and stick him in the reserves.

Think of the positives :

1. We can tell the scousers their first choice winger isnt good enough to lace Paaats boots

2. We can make Jamie ' Britains next top model ' Foster think long and hard about what he has been doing playing for the Stains, the dirty traitor.

3. Erm.....