Wigan Walk

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Wigan Walk

Post by Doveoverdave »

I can't recall leaving a league game early.
However recently (last couple or three years) I recall leaving the Reebok 20 mins early!

Totally brassed of with the same old 3rd test performance from GB. Remembered I was parked on the official car park and decided to make a dash for it to start my long trek home.

Got to my car and was blocked in!!

Did manage to beat the long traffic jam but only saved myself a few mins. Pointless really and I missed the last 200 points Aus scored :)
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Some people walk out early for reasons other than being annoyed at Wigan losing or being disillusioned. I've walked out early once because I was going somewhere after the game. But I'd never walk out otherwise, as quite a few folks did last Friday against London. And I think a lot of the boos on Friday were aimed at KK. :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Fraggle I can't believe you left that game early! It was over 3 years ago now that surely, I was only in year 9 o4 10 at the time. You would have enjoyed being hammered by the kiwis if you'd been sitting near us, it is what you make it that's what I always say! And THAT was fun :D

Crazy lady needs sleep
You're right, it'll have been 1999 or 2000! Have I really missed part of the last 5 years? No wonder I'm getting old so quickly :(

As for the game itself, I remember having a bird's eye view since the only seats we could find we 500m up in the gods. I don't think it's as high as at Old Trafford, but I'm only a little fraggle and don't like heights :cry:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I was at Headingley a few years back (I think Steve Hampson era). We made a terrible start, were getting pasted and a Wigan fan stood near me walked off in disgust - we had been playing 18 minutes!!
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

I think I know which game you're all on about at KR. Was it the one where we won 65-12 in 1997 after having a really poor season, we just went there and pasted them. Robbo scored after 45 seconds. What a memory. The Saints fans started walking when it was 51-0 or something.
Wigan 'til I die.