Millward's games...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Millward's games...

Post by Fraggle »

Schalk Brits... posted:
Suppose we'll have to give him a lot more time.
That was always going to be necessary. Some people were so busy blaming Betts for the team's problems without acknowledging we've got a very threadbare, inexperienced team with some players who are already at the limit of their ability. No matter who the coach is, some players are never going to improve any further, so longer-term action is needed or those particular players need to be replaced. With so many players out with long-term injuries we haven't got the spare capacity anymore to replace anyone so we've got to go with what we've got for now.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Doveoverdave

Re: Millward's games...

Post by Doveoverdave »

Fraggle posted;
there aren't that many props who we could sign who were internationals
He was past his international career when we got him and never came into contention again as I recall.
he was definitely good enough for Wigan.
Way past his best and ageing fast- his form was very poor at Wigan and as with the exp. players , I put Lam in this group, he APPEARED better because the team as a whole was on the slide.
As for Pongia, ok he wasn't a youth but in the short time he was at the club he provided experience
Pongia had a huge impact at Wigan - by making Smith play. We had for a short spell a front row that really fired - 'til Bulls annihalated us in the GF. They should have been replaced then, but no thought was given to this. Still sticking to the ageing front row!!
How has Hock failed to live up to expectations?
He hasn't, but some on here hold him up to be the Messiah! I am not convinced about him that's all.No better than Tickle.
This shooting people down before they've even signed for the club is ridiculous
Sorry if you think I'm doing this. However the signings in recent years have not inspired me and unless the signing policy has changed I will continue to wait with baited breath!