Just like the bad old days...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ragman

Just like the bad old days...

Post by ragman »

I know many won't agree, but that was just like the bad old days under Noble.

One up football too often, poor discipline, no kicking game, no pace where it matters, no real plan going forward.Poor stuff

We need some creativity in the halves, some pace in the back line and someone who can co-ordinate things like a proper captain
Matthew

Re: Just like the bad old days...

Post by Matthew »

After silverwood blew the pea out of his whistle against us to get dire back in the game, we were clearly out of steam.

That said, I reckon we'd have had a chance of winning at the end if silverwood hadn't decided that Josh wasn't allowed to try and catch the ball.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Matthew wrote:After silverwood blew the pea out of his whistle against us to get dire back in the game, we were clearly out of steam.

That said, I reckon we'd have had a chance of winning at the end if silverwood hadn't decided that Josh wasn't allowed to try and catch the ball.
I agree with that.
ragman wrote:I know many won't agree, but that was just like the bad old days under Noble.

One up football too often, poor discipline, no kicking game, no pace where it matters, no real plan going forward.Poor stuff

We need some creativity in the halves, some pace in the back line and someone who can co-ordinate things like a proper captain
I think our main issue is defence Ragman, especially on the line. We defend like hell to stop the opposition getting out of their half, but can't defend if they are attacking on our line.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

ragman wrote:I know many won't agree, but that was just like the bad old days under Noble.

We're you watching the same game? Are you one of these posters that only comes on here to whinge? We were on top most of the game and looked dangerous with ball in hand. Lauaki handed it to Wire.
Up The Mont!
ragman

Post by ragman »

wouldn't argue with that, fair comment..
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Think you will find Lima handed it to wire the stupid penalty with 10 seconds to go was the difference in the end.

Briers was 3 yards offside for his try but that doesn't paper over the obvious cracks

No backs on the bench didn't help Richards was on one leg for 60mins
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ragman

Post by ragman »

TonyH wrote:

We're you watching the same game? Are you one of these posters that only comes on here to whinge? We were on top most of the game and looked dangerous with ball in hand. Lauaki handed it to Wire.

I don't know - I was talking about Wigan v Wire tonight...you?

Looking dangerous is a mater of opinion, but it never, ever won a game. Being dangerous did, but we weren't, simple as that.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

TonyH wrote:

Warrington were not great tonight, and they beat us.
I know there were a couple of questionable decisions, but Wire shouldn't have scored either of their first two tries, they were soft tries, and Shaun Wane needs to smarten up our goal line defence, and soon.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

I think we were very unlucky to lose it.. too close to call and Briers was standing a mile offside for the interception ....and at one point I thought we were going to run out of bandages..
ragman

Post by ragman »

TonyH wrote:

I think you should read your own 'Lauaki is to blame 'thread...