Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Fielden

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Big Stu has had another operation and will not play until August. Have we seen the last of him?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ragman

Re: Fielden

Post by ragman »

You'd have to think so.

He's been a great player in his time, but realistically, it's asking a lot for him to come back after such a long lay-off at his age

Shame, but time takes it's toll eventually
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I made a comment at the start of the season that if he didn't get back early on, we should cut him loose. I think that time may have come.
As he hasn't played, surely any payoff wouldn't count on the cap? Or do I have that wrong?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Major lay off at the wrong age / stage of his career. I remember Westy telling my father re Nick Du Toit that you cannot last long in RL trying to run through brick walls, Fielden is paying the price for his kamikazee running style from a very young age.
thomo

Stuart Fielden

Post by thomo »

I know this has been touched upon in several other threads - but do we have any news of the guy - is he days, weeks, months aways form fitness - there seems to be no mention of him at all.
Do I recall a rule somewhere if a player does not play for six months his contract can be cancelled - I am sure bradford did this with a centre?

Money to spend next year - if no Fielden, no Roberts. no george and no Tommy on the salary cap - spend it wisely i think
Kittwazzer

Re: Stuart Fielden

Post by Kittwazzer »

There is already an active thread!