Shameful Schoolboy Amateur RL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Shameful Schoolboy Amateur RL

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I would have enjoyed the game far more if we would have won 6-0 with a well worked try, good defence and no mistakes and penalties. I did not find the game exciting at all in fact I found it infuriating, to the point where I accepted defeat while we were still winning cos I knew we were going to lose. That is not a good way of thinking especially as I have not felt like that for 2 years!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I would have enjoyed the game far more if we would have won 6-0 with a well worked try, good defence and no mistakes and penalties. I did not find the game exciting at all in fact I found it infuriating, to the point where I accepted defeat while we were still winning cos I knew we were going to lose. That is not a good way of thinking especially as I have not felt like that for 2 years!
Exactly. It is like sitting in your car knowing a crash is about to happen and there is nothing you can do. How can that be enjoyable?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I would have enjoyed the game far more if we would have won 6-0 with a well worked try, good defence and no mistakes and penalties. I did not find the game exciting at all in fact I found it infuriating, to the point where I accepted defeat while we were still winning cos I knew we were going to lose. That is not a good way of thinking especially as I have not felt like that for 2 years!
Exactly. It is like sitting in your car knowing a crash is about to happen and there is nothing you can do. How can that be enjoyable?
there is nothing u can do and as much as u think u can there will be nothing now r ever u can do and posting ur negative thoughts never have a never will work
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Well,I did think the wires game was good but yes, I am worried about our defence. Lots of teams trying to throw the ball around this season, hence the high scores. But there is no need for Warriors to follow the rest like lemmings. It's not the most points scored at the end of the day - It is the total number of points achieved from wins.
For god's sake lets get back to what we were good at and sod the rest.
I just hope that IL is reading some of the comments on this website as he is the only one who can jolt Wane out of his complacency.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mike binder wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
there is nothing u can do and as much as u think u can there will be nothing now r ever u can do and posting ur negative thoughts never have a never will work
So what is the alternative? Apathy / Happy Clapping?

No wonder this country is in a mess with people waving white flags and/or ignoring the obvious. Personally, I prefer to say when something is good and when something is bad. Honesty and integrity matter. If somebody is screwing up the club I have spent 30 years watching then I am dammed if I will kiss ass and pretend everything is wonderful.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
mike binder wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Exactly. It is like sitting in your car knowing a crash is about to happen and there is nothing you can do. How can that be enjoyable?

No wonder this country is in a mess with people waving white flags and/or ignoring the obvious. Personally, I prefer to say when something is good and when something is bad. Honesty and integrity matter. If somebody is screwing up the club I have spent 30 years watching then I am dammed if I will kiss ass and pretend everything is wonderful.
It is just about having an opinion on what I witness and I am entitled to do that, I don't expect IL to read my comments and sack SW. What I do expect is better Coaching from a SL coach of Wigan Warriors which will ultimately lead to better performances from SL players that play for Wigan. I didnt think my post was all that negative to be honest and I didn't slaughter anyone inparticular. If I witness something good I will say it and likewise something bad but I never expect it to change a thing, unfortunately at the moment the only person that can do that is SW, is he capable? Only time will tell!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
mike binder wrote: there is nothing u can do and as much as u think u can there will be nothing now r ever u can do and posting ur negative thoughts never have a never will work

It is just about having an opinion on what I witness and I am entitled to do that, I don't expect IL to read my comments and sack SW. What I do expect is better Coaching from a SL coach of Wigan Warriors which will ultimately lead to better performances from SL players that play for Wigan. I didnt think my post was all that negative to be honest and I didn't slaughter anyone inparticular. If I witness something good I will say it and likewise something bad but I never expect it to change a thing, unfortunately at the moment the only person that can do that is SW, is he capable? Only time will tell!!
Far better to sound off on the internet than anywhere else. However, ultimately, you all have an important voice. IL runs his orgs very tightly to make profits / to be self sustaining. If Wigan continue losing games then guess what the absence of 1, 2 000 from home games will be heard loud and clear by IL.

Customer/consumers have a powerful voice whatever the business.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Although I hate to admit it the basic points behind CPW's essays in the thread are probably right.

The last time me and CPW sang from the same hymn sheet was when we recognised Noble was just not good enough for many of the reasons CPW has articulated in this thread.

When Madge arrived and things went the way they did I was totally made up because for me this was a return to the ethos last seen under Lowe and Monie but with added bells and whistles of modern sports science thrown in. In Lowe/Monie era Wigan were actually a very professionally run club form the sports side of it employing sprint coaches and the like when other clubs were not.

It is the only way to be the best in my opinion.

As to Wane and what is going on now I had hoped he would give us continuity from the Madge era. I didn't want to see the club change the Madge philosophy and I thought Wane would not try and fix what was not broken.

Unfortunately as each round goes by I am more fearful we are returning to the inconsistent days of Noble.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Just to add, I remember some people (many opposing coaches, British predominantly) saying John Monie produced boring defence orientated teams too.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Can I just throw a slightly different slant on this.
Since the Wire game I have been reading with interest the views of many, many people on how things are and what went wrong etc etc.
The one thing that is consistent is that people on this site are always prepared to comment on anything to do with Wigan RL.
In essence, we all care passionately regardless of our particular take on events.
We are Wigan supporters.

The operative word being 'supporters'.

We're not customers, clients or colleagues.

I would like to think that when the chips are down, it is our duty to support the club we love. That doesn't mean we can't comment on what we think is going wrong but I do feel that if you are not prepared to show up and cheer the boys on regardless of whether we're winning a GF or whether we're losing to Widnes, them I personally would rather you never showed up again.
We did it in 2006 and it definitely helped. So please, I implore you, whatever Shaun Wane does right or wrong, show up to the games whenever you can and cheer the boys on. They are mostly young lads who want to play and win for Wigan and whilst moaning on here might make the poster feel a bit better, it is not going to help the team in any way, shape or form.

So while I might be accused of being from the 'rose tinted brigade' as a certain cynical misery monger put it, I don't care, I'd rather be happy to cheer the boys on than to sit at the games with a face on, constructing my various declarations to make on a website that does more these days to depress than inspire.

I'm a copper....... I love a bout of moaning cynicism like the best of us, but I travel up the M6 to Wigan every Friday that I can because I love the club and I love the way that it makes me feel. I don't feel the club owes the fans anything. It has provided me with some of the happiest moments of my life and long may that continue.
If supporting this club makes you miserable, well, I can only say that I feel sorry for you.
If making things better is what we want (and I'm assuming we all do) then all we can really do is go to games and sing our hearts out. I really don't think that avoiding games is going to help. We have a responsibility whether we like it or not.
And I reiterate that if not attending a game is your way of commenting on the problems we face at present, then don't come back, ever. You're not a true supporter.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."