Re: Langtree disgrace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
tom g

Post by tom g »

Must admit I found the trip from the train station easy and quite enjoyed going to the game at the new ground apart from being rained on. But it did make me laugh when I had 2 bottles of pop taken off me for health and safety reasons on the way in, then stood on the terrace and saw a couple with a flask. If that is the line they take for banning drinks surely a metal flask would do more damage if it was flung around than a plastic bottle! :lol: Surely it wasn't anything to do with them wanting to sell more soft drinks inside the ground, hmmm.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

tom g wrote:Must admit I found the trip from the train station easy and quite enjoyed going to the game at the new ground apart from being rained on. But it did make me laugh when I had 2 bottles of pop taken off me for health and safety reasons on the way in, then stood on the terrace and saw a couple with a flask. If that is the line they take for banning drinks surely a metal flask would do more damage if it was flung around than a plastic bottle! :lol: Surely it wasn't anything to do with them wanting to sell more soft drinks inside the ground, hmmm.
They checked my bags & I had 4 bottles of Ribena :wink:!! They just asked if I had any cans?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
tom g

Post by tom g »

I must have just looke dodgy Josie! :lol: even got the bottle of coke I wrapped up in my coat, bad times.
phil.baldwin@blueyonder.co.uk

Post by phil.baldwin@blueyonder.co.uk »

Did anyone notice their golden gamble prizes- 2 shirts and a £20 shop voucher, I think they are diverting the cash toward cladding and paint for the bogs !
What a poor scoreboard must have cost a full fifty quid or was it a high school science project.
What happened to the tannoy? Never heard a thing after the prematch team news.
Could they not have spoiled us with a half time CD?
I think there are serious money issues there, if the team stops winning they will be the next Bradford, mark my words.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Tannoy broke down. They may have money issues thats why they havent got big money players like in previous years and are bringing all the kids thru that they are. Also the new lean too they have built will have stretched their finances so they are tightening their belts
grahamwarrior

Post by grahamwarrior »

spoke to someone who went on train they too had 20 minute walk to ground
grahamwarrior

Post by grahamwarrior »

i drive coaches to away games ,and st helens is the worst ground in super league for coach parking even at knowsley road you had to park 20 minutes away when there used to be a big car park at the front of the ground that got used by not many cars,i take regulars to games i drive the ring and ride coach from mayfair travel so i need to be near to ground as i can ,salford have new stadium and was superb for parking and getting away after game
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

grahamwarrior wrote:spoke to someone who went on train they too had 20 minute walk to ground
yes, but in all it took 1hr and 30 mins with all the diverts to the pubs :lol:

got to say, for £5 i would take the train any day ... easy and no hassle
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
TSB

Post by TSB »

Whats the saying "MUTTON DRESSED As LAMB" thought the stadium looked great from outside. Once in very cheap. Sat at the back of the stand and was still feeling the rain. was absolutely freezing the wind coming through the tops of the stands. Leigh Sports Village better built than mighty Saints.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TSB wrote:Whats the saying "MUTTON DRESSED As LAMB" thought the stadium looked great from outside. Once in very cheap. Sat at the back of the stand and was still feeling the rain. was absolutely freezing the wind coming through the tops of the stands. Leigh Sports Village better built than mighty Saints.
Exactly. The LSV has seating on 3 sides. A decent scoreboard and far more weather proof.

I know some fans hate sharing but we should be happy with the DW