George Carmont

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

George Carmont

Post by Kittwazzer »

I know its been said before but he must be the best low key signing in the last 20 years. In 2009, the club were initially reluctant to give him the 2 year deal he was asking. Last year, he'd all but retired and arranged schools for his kids back home when he was finally persuaded to go round just one more time.

This is definitely his swansong and he is still playing out of his skin. I'm impressed with the way his loss is being addressed - Jack Hughes is my favourite to take over.

We can't give George a testimonial but I'm sure we can do something to show our appreciation for all he has done for us!
georgeorwell

Re: George Carmont

Post by georgeorwell »

I agree kitt. The guy is such a pro and will be sorely missed.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Lets chuck in some money and buy somert. Set up a fund!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Carmont must go down as one of Wigans best ever signings, certainly at Superleague level.
bazward76

Post by bazward76 »

George Carmont has been an outstanding signing for us and I for one will be sad to see him leave the club at the end of the season.
Lets hope the club recognise the great commitment he has shown and somehow reward him for his efforts.

Wouldn't it be a fantastic end to his Wigan career if his last game was to be as a winner at Old Trafford?