Grand National

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
jobo

Re: Grand National

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:I've won almost £150 after backing Neptune Collonges at 3.30 this afternoon.

I backed him on William Hill @ 33/1

I also backed him "Twice" @ 33/1 on the Tote. The second time was a mistake but I'm not complaining :cool:

So all in all I got first, third & fourth :D

That will pay for my "triplets" inoculations" & possibly one neuter :exc:
William Hill

14 Apr 12 / 17:07 Bet Winnings 4:15 Aintree – Cappa Bleu @ Guaranteed Price (16/1) + £5.00
14 Apr 12 / 16:56 Bet Winnings 4:15 Aintree – Seabass @ Guaranteed Price (10/1) + £7.00 O/1981395/0000198/F
14 Apr 12 / 16:46 Bet Winnings 4:15 Aintree – Neptune Collonges @ Guaranteed Price (33/1) + £43.25

Tote

Single - 2 Bets @ £1.00 - (EW)
4:15 Aintree Neptune Collonges @ 33/1 1/4 1,2,3,4
Bet receipt - O/0679072/0000089

Single - 2 Bets @ £1.00 - (EW)
4:15 Aintree
Neptune Collonges @ 33/1 1/4 1,2,3,4
Bet receipt - O/0679072/0000088
I'm printing this off Josie and claiming lost betting slip.

Got 2nd and 3rd. In total bet £26, with £17.50 to come back. :cool: :cool:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

turf wrote:Hi guys!

Don't mean to spoil a good thread but R.I.P Synchronised, and According to Pete, who where both put down as a result of nasty falls in the National today.

Thoughts are with BOTH jockeys on these horses and BOTH sets of owners at this sad time
Amen!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Don't mean to spoil a good thread but R.I.P Synchronised, and According to Pete, who where both put down as a result of nasty falls in the National today.

Thoughts are with BOTH jockeys on these horses and BOTH sets of owners at this sad time
Amen!
I actually commented on this on FB as soon as I heard.
It is so very sad for both horses & everyone involved with them :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cherry.pie wrote:

There was no way that Synchronised should have run. The horse was clearly distressed and not fit to race, but money is all that matters in the sport. They were never going to pull him from the race.
Sorry Cherry but as the old saying goes it is easy with hindsight, yes Synchronised didn't look in good shape before the race but that was not a reason for it passing away. It won the Gold Cup less than a month earlier which is questionably the hardest race in horse racing so it clearly had the pedigree, it simply fell and got a bad injury along with 24 other horses it failed to finish the race, what happened was a tradegy but saying it never should have run is wrong. Nobody knows and loves the horse as much as its owner and trainer and they were happy for it to run as was the best Jockey ever, so that is enough for me.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
turf

Post by turf »

The thing is about Synchronised is that he must have been fit to race because it was clear for viewers to see the vet checking it's heart rate and was believed to be checked again by another vet down by the starting line.