Keith Mills

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Keith Mills

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane Pays Tribute to Keith - video

Shaun Wane shocked and saddened by death of Keith Mills

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

At my time of life (70+) it makes me want to live every minute to the full.
As my Old Man used to say "Your a long time dead".
Keith will be remembered with joy by everyone who came who came in contact with him.
A great way to be remembered.
RIP.
mickh

Post by mickh »

A genuine stalwart of the club, one of the true links with our illustrious past, Wigan Rugby through and through, always smiling in the Lotto office, the true meaning of the word "gentleman",
Many condolances to his family
R.I.P Keith
josie andrews

Re: Keith Mills - Funeral details

Post by josie andrews »

Keith's funeral will be held on Monday April 30th at 11am at St Johns C of E Church, Kirkless Street, New Springs Wigan.

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
gilfy42

Re: Keith Mills - Funeral details

Post by gilfy42 »

[quote="josie andrews"]Keith's funeral will be held on Monday April 30th at 11am at St Johns C of E Church, Kirkless Street, New Springs Wigan.

Thanks Josie, no doubt there will be a good turn out for him.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It would be good if a "there's only one Keith Mills" was sang by Wigan fans at Hull and the DW.

An angling friend of mine lived next door to Millsy for some years. Anyhow, he could receive SKY etc from Mills TV. On one occasion he was watching a game and Keith turned SKY off / over. His neighbour rang up and said Keith I was watching that turn it back on. Millsy laughed and turned SKY back on for him.
Dennis Mc Hugh

Post by Dennis Mc Hugh »

An absolute gentleman. I had the great pleasure of working with Keith on the Wigan Colleges' Tour to Australia in 1988 and on many other occasions at Central Park. He will be sorely missed and my condolences go to his family
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:It would be good if a "there's only one Keith Mills" was sang by Wigan fans at Hull and the DW.

An angling friend of mine lived next door to Millsy for some years. Anyhow, he could receive SKY etc from Mills TV. On one occasion he was watching a game and Keith turned SKY off / over. His neighbour rang up and said Keith I was watching that turn it back on. Millsy laughed and turned SKY back on for him.
Posted that on the Brigantes page on Facebook, I'm sure they will :)
john6028

Post by john6028 »

Keith Mills also played Cricket for Poolstock , and there were few''gentlemen there'' but he was a Sport and Gentleman, can't recall how many sixes he hit against us [Golborne], God Bless you Keith .
POPEY

Post by POPEY »

keith was one of the most decent blokes I have ever met, he was great with my two kids from the day they were born. He gave each of them £1.00 when he first saw them after they were born saying me mam would never forgive me if I didnt do it , my two boys thought he was great.
He was a true gent who will be greatly missed , we all have our memories of him and the things he did for many of us, I hope the club has a lasting memorial of him in some way - a true club man
RIP Keith
I am still trying to catch the big one at the coffin lodge for you - its got your name on it when I do sleep tight mate
wigans chosen few