Both out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Both out

Post by Fraggle »

pandasdad posted:
GMR have been reporting that Sale Sharks are interested in Radders and that the RFU are preparing to have talks with him. I can see a pattern: become Warriors captain, get injured, talk to the RFU and never be seen again in a Warriors strip!
One problem I can see with this. Rads is a full-back. In 1999 Jason Robinson signed for Sale. He plays full-back. Where would Rads play at Sale?
I hope not, but the injuries seem to be coming a little too frequently anyway, so maybe it is time for fresh blood.
Or a fresh approach to training and medical care so that these superb players we've got stay fit? If he gets fit then Rads is better than anyone else, and he's less injury-prone than some other players in the team. We've got enough players who are not good enough to think about replacing without trying to get rid of the good ones, but then I said the same thing when people were talking of getting rid of Farrell.
Incidently, GMR also announced the new loan signing from Leeds, but I've never heard of him and can't remember the name. He's certainly not a regular first teamer at Leeds.
Neither is Botham, and he's been out on loan more than he's played for Leeds. He spent part of last season at London on loan, so I wonder how strongly he features in Leeds' plans. He's not exactly a youngster. But I've heard neither the words from Millward or the news on GMR so I'll wait until it's all announced officially.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

You mean Botham? There's a whole thread on the new signing above.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Afraid its looking like rads could be leaving us. Speculation is rife that wasps are the club that want him. Two weeks ago he had a meeting with people from sale sharks at the thistle hotel in ashton. But my brother has heard wasps are the front runners who want him.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Bye bye kris? He has a year left on his contract which would mean they'd have to buy him from us. With Kris and Andy out from our salry cap that could leave it open to ship in at least 4 or 5 new players, the high wages they were on. Andy also heard something about a clause in gleesons contract if they dont finish in the top six he's free to talk to other clubs, lets get stevo tipping them EVERY week from now on, just incase. IM has been told if a fee has to be spent to bring a player to the club then it can happen.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Bye bye kris? He has a year left on his contract which would mean they'd have to buy him from us. With Kris and Andy out from our salry cap that could leave it open to ship in at least 4 or 5 new players, the high wages they were on. Andy also heard something about a clause in gleesons contract if they dont finish in the top six he's free to talk to other clubs, lets get stevo tipping them EVERY week from now on, just incase. IM has been told if a fee has to be spent to bring a player to the club then it can happen.
one thing 4 sure that clause want come in this year :(
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME