ToAT: Scrum half nominations, Get 'em in!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: ToAT: Scrum half nominations, Get 'em in!!

Post by ancientnloyal »

I agree but people will vote en masse for him even if it was for a season...

be close thoiugh between edwards, kenny, mountford etc
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

No doubt people will vote for Kenny at stand off-agreed he was an exceptional player (one of the best ever) but only played for one season and also blotted his copybook by a woeful performance after the cup final in the play offs against st helens-totally uninterested.He'd got what he came for in his cup final medal but then just wanted to get home asap!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Dennis moran :eh:

Only joking!

Edwards for me

I think Dobson deserves a mention I know he wasn't with us long but IMO he saved us from relegation

Lammy and Greg I have tied in second
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

rees thomas deserves a mention.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If Giz doesn't get scrum half & Greg does, I'll put money on that he'll get stand off. I'd vote for Barrett before Kenny. As outstanding as he was in that season, he always portrayed a "so what" attitude in my opinion which often took the edge off for me.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
phil winnard

Post by phil winnard »

Greg for me. One of my all time Wigan favourites.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Having watched Wigan for 56 years a number of players come to mind.But the combination of Greg&Giz has simply got to be the best.Adrian Lam was sublime as a player and a pure delight to watch.But for the appointment of Shaun Wane my wish was to have Lammy at the helm.Kenny was a one season player so does not come into the reckoning in my book though he was an exceptional player. :D
markbaker23

Post by markbaker23 »

andy greg,no question
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

KOOCH wrote:Having watched Wigan for 56 years a number of players come to mind.But the combination of Greg&Giz has simply got to be the best.Adrian Lam was sublime as a player and a pure delight to watch.But for the appointment of Shaun Wane my wish was to have Lammy at the helm.Kenny was a one season player so does not come into the reckoning in my book though he was an exceptional player. :D
My thoughts exactly, if I was choosing just a scrum half, I'd go for Lammy, probably with Barret at 6, if I was choosing a half back combination I would go for Greg & Giz every time
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I'd go for Adrian Lam as well.

Very hard working, industrious, covered every square foot, and could bring off the unexpected.

Probably very similar qualities to the other nominations, but just think he had that bit more - also a very intelligent no.7 who probably didn't play in one of the best Wigan teams in our history.