Brian Carney!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Brian Carney!!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Think his name is Rod Studd but stand to be corrected, the main commentator in the game nearly had an orgasm bigger than Gary Neville's mid week, when he thought Fev had got a 40-20 towards the end of the game only to look very stupid when they didn't!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:I can understand the wanting to sell the underdog story etc BUT when they start describing Lima as a giant it beggars belief. Jeff is not a BIG prop, stand alongside him if you get the chance.
I wouldn't like to knock his pint over! :)
willie c

Post by willie c »

i think carney has been listening to eddie and stevo to long some of the crap he was comeing out with
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
BriH

Post by BriH »

Only got back today and have only watched the first half, but my general impression is all the commentary is sounding a la Emmings & Co.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I've said it time & time again. All the Sky commentators for Super League sound like a bunch of blokes in the pub discussing the game between themselves :angry:

They don't give two hoots to the television audience, some who may be new to the game & would benefit by them speaking about what is actually happening on the pitch instead of their own opinions & outlook on the match being played. Oh & not to mention that they must always mention St Helens, Warrington & the current & World Champions Leeds!! Even if they are not involved in the particular game that they are SUPPOSED to be commentating on!!

Rant over.

The whole shebang of them need to be replaced as does the corrupt RFL

Now my rant is over :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Think his name is Rod Studd but stand to be corrected, the main commentator in the game nearly had an orgasm bigger than Gary Neville's mid week, when he thought Fev had got a 40-20 towards the end of the game only to look very stupid when they didn't!
yep that was the only part of the night when i had to have a laugh the rest was shocking but to be fair to Fev we were very poor at handling passes even given the conditions. The ref and video ref were a disgrace, as was carney and Bazza. Thank god Terry Oconner was very fair in his comments on the game.

Glad its over and wigan are threw. Mind you some people on here who dont know the rules made a bit of an ass of themselfs :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

The comments on Hock's first try were ridiculous. They were saying it was poor defence as Hock ran in a straight line and should have been tackled. Amazing that he managed to wrong-foot the tackler when he merely put his head down and ran in a straight line.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
ragman

Post by ragman »

I think the pity of all this is that the embarrassing commentary actually detracts from a very good performance by Featherstone.

Just about every comment on this thread is spot on.

The problem is that the RFL are so deeply 'in bed' with SKY that the commentary teams, and obviously that's mainly Eddie and Stevo actually think they're part of the game, have a right to influence what they think we're seeing on the screen, and hold opinions that we're duty bound to share.

I'll never forget Stevo's shameful rant after the Grand final last season when he said that anyone who didn't agree with the play-off system didn't understand or care about the game. Disgraceful.

Murdoch's puppets are there to sell SKY boxes and nothing else.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Think his name is Rod Studd but stand to be corrected, the main commentator in the game nearly had an orgasm bigger than Gary Neville's mid week, when he thought Fev had got a 40-20 towards the end of the game only to look very stupid when they didn't!
yep that was the only part of the night when i had to have a laugh the rest was shocking but to be fair to Fev we were very poor at handling passes even given the conditions. The ref and video ref were a disgrace, as was carney and Bazza. Thank god Terry Oconner was very fair in his comments on the game.

Glad its over and wigan are threw. Mind you some people on here who dont know the rules made a bit of an ass of themselfs :lol:
Jim the Highland Convert comments spring to mind!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Makes you wonder if they are told to commentate on the game in a manner that makes the game sound rather controversial. T Instead of better standard than Eddie and Stevo does it was so similar.

Every decision had 1 saying try 1 saying no try and another on the fence. Commentary was very poor and they definitely were cheering on Fev.