Relegation for wigan this season ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: Relegation for wigan t...

Post by the pieman »

Work with lads from warrington and they claim to have 3000 tickets for the game at Leigh this weekend

I am sure in one of the other posts this week I have seen that Wigan only get 1500

Can anyone explain that to me
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

we are talking warrington here ,i remember stuffing 50 up them once ,and they rocked the house so to say. :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the pieman posted:
Work with lads from warrington and they claim to have 3000 tickets for the game at Leigh this weekend

I am sure in one of the other posts this week I have seen that Wigan only get 1500

Can anyone explain that to me
all away fans at the coloseum what ever, only entitled to 1500 wigan tickets are allready on sale there be quick :exc:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Appreciate that the game is a big local derby for the 3 toed hill billies from Leigh, but they have only managed 3500 all season with exception of Widnes on Sunday (refrained from calling them further as I am related to some)

Surely this should be taken into consideration as we have taken more than this to several away games this season and in my view have outnumbered Salford and Huddersfield fans in their own grounds
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the pieman posted:
Appreciate that the game is a big local derby for the 3 toed hill billies from Leigh, but they have only managed 3500 all season with exception of Widnes on Sunday (refrained from calling them further as I am related to some)

Surely this should be taken into consideration as we have taken more than this to several away games this season and in my view have outnumbered Salford and Huddersfield fans in their own grounds
official attendance salford 2500 wigan 3000

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Must admit one thing I was disappointed with a Salford was the apparent lack of interest in promoting the game for the youngsters (however could be proven wrong on this)

I took my 4 yr old daughter for the 1st time to a game as the Friday nights are no good for the tired and cranky factor which goes with a late night

Was disappointed that paid £8.00 to get her into the ground and then they charged for me transferring her to the stand (not exactly a sell out)

Appreciate that the junior season ticket holders get free admission but sureley for kids as young as my daughter there should be something in place for reduced admission
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the pieman posted:
Must admit one thing I was disappointed with a Salford was the apparent lack of interest in promoting the game for the youngsters (however could be proven wrong on this)

I took my 4 yr old daughter for the 1st time to a game as the Friday nights are no good for the tired and cranky factor which goes with a late night

Was disappointed that paid £8.00 to get her into the ground and then they charged for me transferring her to the stand (not exactly a sell out)

Appreciate that the junior season ticket holders get free admission but sureley for kids as young as my daughter there should be something in place for reduced admission
do you not no anyone with a season ticket use theres

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I would have thought 4yr and under would get in free, I'm sure that was a deal at Central Park when I was younger and even at the JJB for a while. Suppose at the JJB, it's still a used up seat so I can see why it might be a reduction rather than free admission but to get into a ground like Salfords (have you seen the size of their steps!) you shouldn't be paying £8 for a little one that probablywon't see half of the match
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Not sure what the rule was at Central Park but my dad lifted me over until it was physically impossible (think I had just turned 21)

But I am looking at taking her to some other daytime matches (excluding Saints away as I dont think I could control myself in front of her for that one)

She enjoyed the day out but not sure she fully understood what was going on, other than Max running on the pitch
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Aw bless!
I'm proud of my little sister, she's got into the game very quickly whilst the 15 year old one insulted the whole family the other day by saying "Who's Shaun Edwards" *Ghostly silence*
She asks all the way through the game "Who's ball is it?" "What's happened" but she knows already! I'm sure this is just a kids tactic to stop me watching the game.

Took her to Saints last year and covered her ears for most of the match, unfortunately not for long enough though, she got me in trouble when we got home and started singing "Oh St Helens, is full of s........" Little trouble maker
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!