Lauaki

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Lauaki

Post by 100% Warrior »

Not sure if Lauaki will make the 17 for next week if everyone else is fit and raring to go against Saints.

He did impress me initially but his form seems to have dropped over the last few weeks.

For a guy that size he isn't busting that many tackles at present. Thoughts?
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Lauaki

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Doesn't make enough progress after impact for me
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Runs like a steam train then seems to stop just before impact, unlike Feka. He seems to tire very quickly and also I don't think he is as brave as he makes out at all. I think he is what I call a 'con artist' player and by that I mean he fronts up to this man mountain being not scared of anything, will run through a brick wall, great offload etc but at the moment I just see a standard SL prop nothing more and nothing less.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

He's no Jeff Lima but if he stays out of trouble he'll do for me!
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Not impressed me at all yet.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Very average game again, has done no better than the majority of other props Wigan have played this seaaon.
We have Lee Mossop, Jeff Lima, Paul Prescott, Tom Spencer, Gill Dudson and Ben Flower all showing much more enthusiasm than Lauaki, so why is he selected.
Got to improve or show him the door IMO.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Very average game again, has done no better than the majority of other props Wigan have played this seaaon.
We have Lee Mossop, Jeff Lima, Paul Prescott, Tom Spencer, Gill Dudson and Ben Flower all showing much more enthusiasm than Lauaki, so why is he selected.
Because Wane wanted him and he is on a four year deal? You don't sign players on four year deals and leave them sat in the stands. It should be like that if they are not playing well enough to get in the side but it rarely is IMO.
Got to improve or show him the door IMO.
Doesn't offer much at all. It was striking tonight how much better Mossop is and Prescott is also a better player. I prefer Flower and he isn't even a prop. Mind you neither is Lauki in theory.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

I thought he was solid tonight, not outstanding but did a job. Physically he has all the qualities to do a good job, the mental side seems to be his weakness, which needs time.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mr Stu wrote:I thought he was solid tonight, not outstanding but did a job. Physically he has all the qualities to do a good job, the mental side seems to be his weakness, which needs time.
How much time do you give a 28 year old experienced player? He is hardly one for the future so what value is there in putting the effort into that over bringing on Spencer or Dudson anyway? He is an experienced player and the club should not have to be sorting his mental attitude out. He should be good to go but he isn't as good as any of the other senior props.

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Well he didn't concede any clangers like he's prone to, but in a game where Wigan were totally dominat you wouldn't expect that??

Halfway into the season, he's what I expected. Basically okay, but with a inbuilt tendancy to let the red mist dominate him.