Officiating again!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Officiating again!!!!!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote:Did people not notice how quick the video ref decisions were?

This will have been because Sky's schedule will have been screwed up with the injury to the ref. Ganson will have been told not to hang about with his decisions.

Now you could say they were all clear cut but that doesn't normally stop him and the rest of them replaying them over and over in a normal game.

If the video ref is about fairness and improving decisions then you can't compromise it by telling to be quick so the averts can come on the TV!

This also suggests to me the "drama" we normally see over video ref decisions is just that - drama. It's done for show and he will know on his first viewing in many cases if it is a try or not.

If any of this is correct then it shows our refs are working to a script and if they are, what else is on it?
Very shrewd observation daveo and you may be bang on the money
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ragman

Post by ragman »

Sympathy to Mr Bentham for what looked a nasty break.

I understand that the RFL are looking closely at the incident to see how exactly Gareth Hock was to blame... :D
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I'm not a big fan of Phil Bentham but I would not wish this on him.The whole nature of the game changed the moment that the clown Hicks took over whistle duties.Forward passes have become obsolete in his book.I was beginning to ask myself the question have forward passes become a thing of the past and no longer apply.Then it dawned on me that this is the same Robert Hicks who runs the line and it all became crystal clear.If he can't spot a forward pass from the sidelines then he was never going to spot one in play.I also noticed how he penalised wigan for laying on more than a second whilst sending instructions to hkr players by carrier pigeon.On any other occasion I would have held my head in my hands at the thought of Bentham officiating a game.But can I wish him a speedy recovery because until the injury he was doing a good job.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Watching the replay of Bentham going down, it looked very nasty indeed. his ankle just got caught under him and was at a very funny angle when he collapsed on it.
I wish him a speedy recovery as it was undoubtedly a turning point in the game. Hicks was woeful afterwards.
I believe Bentham has a fractured tibia and that will certainly rule him out for the next eight weeks or so if not the whole season.
Get well soon Mr B
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
BriH

Post by BriH »

KOOCH wrote:I'm not a big fan of Phil Bentham but I would not wish this on him.The whole nature of the game changed the moment that the clown Hicks took over whistle duties.Forward passes have become obsolete in his book.I was beginning to ask myself the question have forward passes become a thing of the past and no longer apply.Then it dawned on me that this is the same Robert Hicks who runs the line and it all became crystal clear.If he can't spot a forward pass from the sidelines then he was never going to spot one in play.I also noticed how he penalised wigan for laying on more than a second whilst sending instructions to hkr players by carrier pigeon.On any other occasion I would have held my head in my hands at the thought of Bentham officiating a game.But can I wish him a speedy recovery because until the injury he was doing a good job.
Well said Marra. I couldn't believe what I was watching at times.
Forward pass - what are they? Double movement? Nah.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am just waiting for Jim (Highland Convert) to explain how all the wrong decisions last night were correct, like he did with the Fev game! ????
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I am just waiting for Jim (Highland Convert) to explain how all the wrong decisions last night were correct, like he did with the Fev game! ????
Nobody can defend the decisions or explain them away except that is scummins.I very much doubt that even our very own Jim(Highland Convert)could justify some of those decisions (Post pending)Delivered by the same carrier pigeon that passed on Hicks instructions to the Hkr players about laying on.However,as like you I shall wait to be enlightened about my ignorance in not seeing that every decision was in fact the correct decision. :wink:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I also saw a different side to Josh Hodgson last night, dirty, sneaky little player.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

the most pointed thing about the two officials last night was how poles apart were their interpretation of the rules of play, surely such glaring inconsistency is plain for even Cummins to see.
grahamwarrior

Post by grahamwarrior »

robert hicks is the referee that reffed wigan`s loss at widnes i can remember daryll goulding being out cold with an head injuryand the strecher being called for !what does the ref do but play on!! he didnt even stop play widnes scored darryl was still being attended to and he even allowed the conversion to be taken, he didn`t even be bothered to see if he was ok. HE`S NOT A REFEREE JUST A LINESMAN WHO CAN`T EVEN DO THAT JOB PROPER AS WELL.