Lauaki

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
slimshady

Re: Lauaki

Post by slimshady »

Thought he did well last night, went into the collision when carrying the ball and was up and playing the ball very quickly for such a big bloke and that lead to HKR being under a lot of pressure. In fact I think it lead to a try when he played the ball fast and we took advantage of HKR being out of position.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

DaveO wrote:
Mr Stu wrote:I thought he was solid tonight, not outstanding but did a job. Physically he has all the qualities to do a good job, the mental side seems to be his weakness, which needs time.
How much time do you give a 28 year old experienced player? He is hardly one for the future so what value is there in putting the effort into that over bringing on Spencer or Dudson anyway? He is an experienced player and the club should not have to be sorting his mental attitude out. He should be good to go but he isn't as good as any of the other senior props.
Settling into a new club, especially one which has a more professional set up then his last club means that it may take time to settle in. I am not comparing him to others, instead just looking at his own strengths/weakness. We will see how goes against Saints in a big match situation to see whether he has learned from the Wire game. Last night though he did have a solid game and has done in most of his games so far.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It's a matter of spelling our stable of props. Over the next few weeks, we will need everyone. While he looks good at first team level, the club will have a good sense as to how many games DUdson should play.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mr Stu wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Mr Stu wrote:I thought he was solid tonight, not outstanding but did a job. Physically he has all the qualities to do a good job, the mental side seems to be his weakness, which needs time.
How much time do you give a 28 year old experienced player? He is hardly one for the future so what value is there in putting the effort into that over bringing on Spencer or Dudson anyway? He is an experienced player and the club should not have to be sorting his mental attitude out. He should be good to go but he isn't as good as any of the other senior props.
Settling into a new club, especially one which has a more professional set up then his last club means that it may take time to settle in. I am not comparing him to others, instead just looking at his own strengths/weakness. We will see how goes against Saints in a big match situation to see whether he has learned from the Wire game. Last night though he did have a solid game and has done in most of his games so far.
Given his age and experience he should be well settled in by now. The idea we have to wait half a season or longer for players of his age and experience to "settle in" has never cut any mustard with me. If they are any good they will be up to speed quickly and with him he hasn't even got the excuse he is new to the UK.

Why aren't you comparing him to to others? He is not a patch on Mossop, Prescott or Lima and we have any projects on the go as props than that ought to be Spencer and Duddon.

That said I reckon he will be given every opportunity to prove himself possibly to the detriment of the team as long as Wane is coach because he is Wane's signing.
phil winnard

Post by phil winnard »

I think Lauaki will come into his own when we start to play to real tough games against the likes of Wire and St Helen's when you need a big aggressive pack that cannot be intimidated.
I actually really like him and cannot understand the so called fans on here who never have a good word to say about the lad. He gave a couple of penalties away against Wire and most people have given him a tough time ever since.
He is a really big aggressive player that you would sooner have in your team than against you.
Would you really want to face the Wire or St Helen's six with Tuscon or Hughes in the team than Lauaki???
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

phil winnard wrote: I think Lauaki will come into his own when we start to play to real tough games against the likes of Wire and St Helen's when you need a big aggressive pack that cannot be intimidated.
I actually really like him and cannot understand the so called fans on here who never have a good word to say about the lad. He gave a couple of penalties away against Wire and most people have given him a tough time ever since.
He is a really big aggressive player that you would sooner have in your team than against you.
Would you really want to face the Wire or St Helen's six with Tuscon or Hughes in the team than Lauaki???
Tbh tuson is looking better and better each week for me. I'd be happy with him in the team anyday.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

[quote="phil winnard"]I think Lauaki will come into his own when we start to play to real tough games against the likes of Wire and St Helen's when you need a big aggressive pack that cannot be intimidated.
Would you really want to face the Wire or St Helen's six with Tuscon or Hughes in the team than Lauaki???[/quote]
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

phil winnard wrote:I think Lauaki will come into his own when we start to play to real tough games against the likes of Wire and St Helen's when you need a big aggressive pack that cannot be intimidated.

I thought we did face saints on good friday with Tuson and not Lauaki? :eh:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think its psychological. No matter how the team are playing, the fans have to have their whipping boy. As has been discussed at length on another thread, how long did Daz Goulding take stick from the fans!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

We may as well close boards such as this if all people are allowed to post are happy clappy posts where everything is wonderful.

Why should people who post anything critical, be it constructive criticism be labelled as a "so called fan"?

I thought the whole point of a discussion board is for people to air their differing views, discussions wouldn't last very long if everyone held the same view.

Anyway, back to the subject being discussed. As I stated in my initial post I thought Lauaki's early season form was pretty decent but over the last few weeks it appears to have dropped off from that standard.

It's just my opinion but should all our forwards be injury free for this Saturday's game he shouldn't make the 17 ahead of the likes of Mossop, Prescott, Lima and Flower based on present form.

At present when he's hitting the defensive line he doesn't appear to be making much headway, which is the name of the game in his position.