FRIGHTENING

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wildbeast

FRIGHTENING

Post by wildbeast »

Fantastic performance last night and must have the other clubs very worried. Look so much better than last year with basically the same players so credit must go to the coaching staff. Staggering well drilled defense and a frightening attack. Reminded me of Aussie touring sides of the past which scared us to death every time they had the ball in hand and ripped decent GB teams apart with ease. So many stand outs but Hock and DG deserve a big rap. Hock sucks in so many defenders and gives us a great go forward whilst DG is becoming the class centre we have needed.
Don't want to get to carried away but this team has the potential win everything this year.
BriH

Re: FRIGHTENING

Post by BriH »

wildbeast wrote:Fantastic performance last night and must have the other clubs very worried. Look so much better than last year with basically the same players so credit must go to the coaching staff. Staggering well drilled defense and a frightening attack. Reminded me of Aussie touring sides of the past which scared us to death every time they had the ball in hand and ripped decent GB teams apart with ease. So many stand outs but Hock and DG deserve a big rap. Hock sucks in so many defenders and gives us a great go forward whilst DG is becoming the class centre we have needed.
Don't want to get to carried away but this team has the potential win everything this year.
Agree with every thing you've said WildBeast.

I would have given every player 8+ or above apart from Gelling, who still as a lot to learn but he still contributed to the magnificent team effort.
Josh needs more goal kicking practice, of course. But....the conditions were atrocious which makes the win even more pleasing.
On a sour note. Did anyone pick up on another "Emmy Headings Howler"?
Early in the first half, Hudds won a scrum close to the Wigan line. He immediately says "St Helens put in surely?"
I kid you not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I mentioned it in CPs 'comedians' thread. There was another howler as well but it escapes me just now!
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Kittwazzer wrote:I mentioned it in CPs 'comedians' thread. There was another howler as well but it escapes me just now!
Yes its under General Rugby League now :conf: :doz: :wink: