Brian Carney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southern warrrior

Brian Carney

Post by southern warrrior »

it has just been announced on the footy show that brian has got an aussie sports agent and is looking to get a contract here in oz possibly with souths, wests or the roosters. :conf:
DaveO

Re: Brian Carney

Post by DaveO »

southern warrrior posted:
it has just been announced on the footy show that brian has got an aussie sports agent and is looking to get a contract here in oz possibly with souths, wests or the roosters. :conf:
He is contracted to Wigan for another season so would need to be released.

If what you say is true that suggests Wigan have agreed to release him which goes with the rumours about him going to Australia which have been out for a long time.

A while back I would have been gutted but his recent performances haven't been that great so if Richards is his replecement, so be it. Sure he takes the ball up from defence but doesn't seem to know what to do elsewhere on the park at the moment.

No different that half the team to be honest but I expect better from Brian.

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I agree Doug Stand, I wouldn't mind an exchange with any of Morley, Wing or Cayless, in fact I'd prefer it to the cash option. I'm not saying (before someone bites my head off) that I want to get rid of Carney, I don't, I'd love it if he could be putting in the performances he used to but he hasn't been. At the moment he is like the rest of the team, absolutely clueless in attack and it's a shame because he's still a huge talent that we have missed this year. Maybe this just isn't the right team for him to play in.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

I think we are all of the same mind.He is one of our most potent attacking players but lets be honest he needs some room to work with and at the moment eye of the needle is about it.I would like Brian to stay but if he is going to go i would rather see him at the roosters and we need somone like Wing in the three quater line or Mozzer to get the pack going forward, this may make some space for whoever we have in the back line next year.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He's been on his way for a long time now. He has played about half a dozen good games for us in all his time, and we cannot wait forever for him. Good on him if he stays in TGG rather than taking the easy option and going to union.

There are plenty of players I'd swap him for...
damien morrissey

Go on i have taken the bait. Who could you see with us instead. There are rules to this you know some sort of reality check is a requirement.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We nearly signed Crocker last year from the Rooosters, but Gasnier messing us around scuppered that. I'd have him. Or Morley, or Cayless, both of whom have been rumoured to want to come over here.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Would love to see Morley in the pack

However would he see it as easy money after a few seasons in Oz
damien morrissey

I agree Mozzer would be my ideal choice but from what i have heard he has already applied fr Aussie citizenship and wants to stay over there. Crocker i rate but isnt he getting on into late twentys early thirties? Rule out all origin possibilities they just wont move over here.I know he has just signed a for St George but what about Colin Best when he is near the end of his contract.