Salary Cap spending info

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Salary Cap spending info

Post by markill »

Does anyone know anywhere where I can get this sort of information from. I'm trying to get hold of details on how much each club spends, either in absolute figures or as a percentage of the cap. I've asked the RFL about it, they've chosen not to get back to me.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Re: Salary Cap spending info

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:Does anyone know anywhere where I can get this sort of information from. I'm trying to get hold of details on how much each club spends, either in absolute figures or as a percentage of the cap. I've asked the RFL about it, they've chosen not to get back to me.
Nothing new there then!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

If you get in touch with Companies House, they will have the accounts for all the rugby league clubs. You will have to pay for them, but you can get hold of each clubs accounts that way.
At the end of the day, every club is a "business" and as such Companies House will have a copy of their accounts. I'm not sure how much detail the accounts will go in to and whether they'll show what they spend on players wages.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sutty wrote:If you get in touch with Companies House, they will have the accounts for all the rugby league clubs. You will have to pay for them, but you can get hold of each clubs accounts that way.
At the end of the day, every club is a "business" and as such Companies House will have a copy of their accounts. I'm not sure how much detail the accounts will go in to and whether they'll show what they spend on players wages.
Wouldn't be a lot of use. Ignoring the fact that they would be historic, chances are the company's year end would cover 2 seasons!
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

The accounts will simply have a figure put down to salaries.
This will be a blanket figure including staff who don't count towards the salary cap.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
doc

Post by doc »

Could you not request it under FOI act?
markill

Post by markill »

I'd thought about the club accounts but reckon it wouldn't be worth paying to find out the kind of data I want isn't clear. I'd be making data fit which would devalue any conclusions from it.

FOI is an option me and my dad were discussing. The info must be out there if hacks like Eddie Hemmings can say London are spending to cap this year.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod