Origin Game Dont read this thread if you've taped it!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Origin Game Dont read this thread if you've taped it!!!!

Post by Kittwazzer »

I cannot believe the VR awarded that try to Greg Inglis!
bourbon_rat

Re: Origin Game Dont read this thread if you've taped it!!!!

Post by bourbon_rat »

YEP !! Strange call - I think their take on it was the Farrah played at it with his foot,which by the strict rules of the game,(?) would make it a penalty try.
Any other take on it would surely have been ruled a knock on by Queensland ?

Wonder if any of the 'other stuff' will make the match review board ? or just be labelled ORIGIN & left on the field ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Jim, the HC, will give you the exact reason as to why it was awarded and definately a try.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

The Inglis try apart,I watched a match full of good rugby,played at an intensity that will never be matched over here.That is why IMO the forthcoming Exiles match is of some importance.That also includes the biff.
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

platt-warrior wrote:The Inglis try apart,I watched a match full of good rugby,played at an intensity that will never be matched over here.That is why IMO the forthcoming Exiles match is of some importance.That also includes the biff.
So another 'sin bin' then :lol:

Was an intense game,which means the one at ANZ in front of a pre-dominantly NSW crowd could be UGLY.
That is...................IF they can sell enough tickets :roll:
- W C Fields
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Jim, the HC, will give you the exact reason as to why it was awarded and definately a try.
Who's Jim :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

I was in Melbourne's CBD yesterday,(finally attempting to become a real Aussie - but that's another story) & saw LOTS of maroon fans showing their colours,but didn't see too many blues ? I guess that's why the game in Sydney still isn't sold out ? Game 3 at Suncorp is already.
And in Melbourne last night,(which anyone in NSW will tell you is an RL desert & the fans clueless) 55,000,some of whom payed $30 to stand at the back of the stands - A long way from the action ! Article here
- W C Fields
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Jim, the HC, will give you the exact reason as to why it was awarded and definately a try.
Who's Jim :conf:
Highland Convert, Josie :)

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Defences looked a bit disorganised at times though. The refs were taking them back 13 metres or somethign though - i'm supprised the whole match wasn't just one out scoots.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
jobo

Post by jobo »

First time I've watched a SOO game and come away slightly disappointed. It was mostly good, technical rugby but too predictable and robotic.

Qul had a strangle hold early on and just kept squeezing with NSW totally unable to break them down.

If this is the ultimate destination, of evolution in RL then there needs to be a re-think on how much space and time the rules allow creative players.