Bailey joins Broncos staff

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Bailey joins Broncos staff

Post by josie andrews »

Former Wigan Warriors centre Phil Bailey has joined the London Broncos’ backroom staff as head of recruitment and player logistics.

The Londoners say Bailey, 31, who is the older brother of Broncos loose forward Chris, will work alongside head coach Rob Powell, chairman David Hughes and chief executive Gus Mackay to identify new players, both locally and internationally.

The appointment comes as the Broncos conduct a review into playing performances following a disappointing first half of their Stobart Super League campaign.

Bailey made 127 NRL appearances for Manly and Cronulla and won three Test caps before joining Wigan in 2007.

He made more than 100 appearances for the Warriors and joined Salford City Reds on a two-year contract in 2010 but never played for them after failing to recover from an Achilles injury.

“I’m happy to be helping out in the recruitment process with the club,” said Bailey.

“I’ll be using my contacts to help build for the future of the London Broncos.”

http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/25 ... ncos-staff
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Bailey joins Broncos staff

Post by Kittwazzer »

Pleased for the lad. Had total respect for the way he released himself from Salford when he realised his career was over!
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Bailey joins Broncos staff

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

....and to be fair he always tried his best for us.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett