Arundel to make Hull move

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Arundel to make Hull move

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC have completed the signing of Castleford Tigers’ highly-rated centre Joe Arundel on a four-year deal from 2013.

The Black and Whites have followed up the capture of England back rower Gareth Ellis by snaring the 20-year-old England Knights player, who rejected a new contract offer from the Tigers.

“We believe we’re bringing in an extremely talented player with all the attributes to be one of the best centres in the competition,” said Hull coach Peter Gentle.

“He is quick and strong and has an eye for the tryline, whilst he is another character that will fit in very well in the culture and environment we’re trying to create here.

“I’d like to go on record and thank Castleford for allowing us permission to talk to Joe.”

Arundel, who is currently sidelined with a shoulder injury, has scored 16 tries in 44 senior appearances since making his debut for Castleford as a 16-year-old in 2008.

“I’m looking forward to a new challenge and something a bit different,” he said. “I’m really excited and also a little nervous as it’s a big club and that will put a bit more pressure on me.

“But joining a big-city club with the rivalry they have with Hull KR and where the fans love the sport is something that really appeals to me.

“I will always be a Cas fan at heart. It’s my home-town team and I love the fans there but I’m looking forward to a new challenge now.”

Tigers chief executive Richard Wright added: “While it is disappointing that Joe will no longer be playing for us next season, we did table an offer we felt represented his value which was rejected.

“We have been outbid on this occasion by a club with much bigger resources at present and we are not in a position to over pay.

“Joe will, however, leave the club at the end of the season with nothing less than our best wishes for the future.

“In some ways this is a huge compliment to our flourishing junior development production line that we continually face such a challenge to keep all our young talent at the club.

“I’d also like to reassure Tigers supporters that our ongoing aim to build a successful team around quality home-grown talent remains, as underlined by the recent contract extensions of Jonathan Walker, Nathan Massey, Adam Milner, Oliver Holmes and Daryl Clark.

“On this occasion I am, however, satisfied by the level of compensation we will receive through Joe’s departure

“Tigers fans are assured that extremely positive news regarding the signings of two experienced centres of high calibre will be announced once the time is right on the behalf of the players involved.”

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/25 ... -hull-move
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Arundel to make Hull move

Post by Kittwazzer »

Oh to be a Tigers fan! :o