Matty Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Matty Smith

Post by OJ »

I've not seen a great deal of Matty Smith but do remember thinking he was more than half decent when he played for Saints and was surprised when they let him go. The difference we will see in anyone who replaces Tommy is that TL would tackle a brick wall and the wall would lose so whether he will be as strong in that department remains to be seen but he's young, enthusiatic and seems to have a good rugby brain and the coaching staff must think he is good enough so that will do for me.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

what kind of contract is timmy smith on? I wouldn't mind a smith /smith combo .That is if we could keep timmy fully focused on his game.
Wes

Post by Wes »

waterside glens wrote:what kind of contract is timmy smith on? I wouldn't mind a smith /smith combo .That is if we could keep timmy fully focused on his game.
I hope your having a laugh!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Marty smith had a hell of a play offs in 2010 and even impressed at times , I think stains would of kept him if he had not signed a new contract elsewhere
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Marty smith had a hell of a play offs in 2010 and even impressed at times , I think stains would of kept him if he had not signed a new contract elsewhere
Especially if they'd known what Eastmond would do!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

29wes28 wrote:
waterside glens wrote:what kind of contract is timmy smith on? I wouldn't mind a smith /smith combo .That is if we could keep timmy fully focused on his game.
I hope your having a laugh!
Why? Do you doubt tim smith's talent.
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Marty smith had a hell of a play offs in 2010 and even impressed at times , I think stains would of kept him if he had not signed a new contract elsewhere
I remember him having a blinder in saints first play off game of 2010 but thought that was his peak at the time and the other games he played in he was 'ordinary'. Thats nearly two years ago though and if Shaun thinks he's the player for us, then who are we to criticise.

But Tim Smith - you're having a laaaaf!!
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yes I am he's the worst defensive 7 in the world ok I maybe going over the top but you get my point. He hs a good passing game and an ok short kicking game and that's it. As for pairing him with Matty it wouldn't work IMO.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Why the delay in saying he's signed??
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cow yeds wrote:Why the delay in saying he's signed??
Probably because he hasn't yet. Might be debating between more money at Widnes or better prospects at Wigan. If he goes for the cash, means he isn't confident of his abilities!