John Wells

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

John Wells

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Am I one of the few that thinks John Wells selection of players tries for try of the month are a bit off the mark.
Is he watching different games to me or is he just another biased sky TV pundit.
josie andrews

Re: John Wells

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Am I one of the few that thinks John Wells selection of players tries for try of the month are a bit off the mark.
Is he watching different games to me or is he just another biased sky TV pundit.
I thought his selection was crap too
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Am I one of the few that thinks John Wells selection of players tries for try of the month are a bit off the mark.
I thought his selection was crap too
Every time I see his selection I always think 'are you serious? That's not in the same class as the one scored by (pick any Warrior)!'

Maybe his main criterion is that the try must be the highlight of an otherwise boring contest?
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I thought Hodgsons was outstanding, a real old school wingers try and given the context of the game was deservedly the try of the round. Will Sharp has got some pace as well so to do that to him was impressive.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

To compare Hodgsons try, great though it was, with sam's "pass to yourself" try against Saints at the Etihad is laughable IMO
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

exile in Tiger country wrote:To compare Hodgsons try, great though it was, with sam's "pass to yourself" try against Saints at the Etihad is laughable IMO
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Was thinking exactly the same too Exile.
Wigan players hav'nt had a look in with Wells even though comments from Stevoe & Hemmings have hinted at some of our tries bordering on the best tries of the season so far.
As for Hodgsons pace, he would need a rocket up his Jack5y to keep within 5 yards of Josh Charnley.