Not Looking Good

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Not Looking Good

Post by ChrisA »

A few Good points, but alot more bad points.

Moran had a good game, always busy and always dangerous, to say he was playing 2 positions he did awsome. Played fullback well and when we had the ball he played his usual game.

Orr, looked more like a stand off than Brown could ever dream of, if he keeps fit and keeps trying like he did tonight he will do me fine.

Seuseu, a few good runs, looked a little better than normal, still nothing to rave about.

Dallas was his usual busy self, always made yards and set up Morans try brilliantly, he was holding the back of his leg as he went off, could be hamstring again.

Carney, ran the ball in well, but to many individual mistakes in defence.

Tickle scored a good try, but lost the ball again way to many times, he is making a habit of losing the ball and giving away penalties.

Hansen was awful, ive seen more strength in a soggy toilet roll, as usual he was absent in attack, if he ever breaks a tackle I will do a lap of the pitch naked I swear. Not good enough at all, hes young but to me he doesnt pose any threat at all with ball in hand.

Wild + Aspinwall, terrible again, none of them have any idea in attack, I would hate to be a winger who has to play outside them, I would just know the only time I would get the ball is from a tap or dummy half.
Aspinwall was at fault in the second half when Orr threw the long ball and he overran it by a mile, I was dead level with that pass and it was perfect, Aspinwall just overran it and it went in touch, he did the same thing last week with a 3 on 2 overlap, both this week and last they could have won the game, but the guys complete lack of a rugby league brain cost us dearly.

Our forwards are just not good enough, our go forward is pathetic, we never get teams on the back foot, no fast play the balls and no urgency from our forwards to get on a roll, very painful to watch.

What makes me laugh is that Dallas makes more yards in the middle of the field than any of our forwards do. If our forwards ran as hard as Dallas does and our centres could handle a ball like Danny Sculthorpe can, we would be doing 10 times better than what we are doing now.

Leeds next week does not look good, especially if Dallas and Carney are out.
MrsLam

Re: Not Looking Good

Post by MrsLam »

ChrisA posted:

Moran had a good game, always busy and always dangerous, to say he was playing 2 positions he did awsome. Played fullback well and when we had the ball he played his usual game.

Was just reading a report from somewhere that said the kicks tested Moran. What kicks, the only one he missed was a good kick that he let bounce and luckily for them it bounced straight into their hands rather than out or into one of our players. Other than that he did really well, he didn't look to be panicking under any of the high balls even though they were very good kicks. We should be doing more of that.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
ChrisA posted:

The sun was in Moran's eyes in the first half shining thorugh the gap on between the east and north stand. he could not see the high ball for the sun IMO.

Hull came on the pitch and moved to play in the direction of south to north and then switched so they were going north-south and I am pretty sure it was because the sun would be in Wigan's eyes for a while before it went down.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Sorry to have a dig DaveO but that Briscoe bloke who isn't good enough for us looked pretty good tonight!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Sorry to have a dig DaveO but that Briscoe bloke who isn't good enough for us looked pretty good tonight!!
You think so? I thought he had a decent game despite being outscored by our "full back" :wink: but their best player by a mile was Yeoman.

In any case I have never said he wasn't good enough for us. What I have said is two and a half years ago Briscoe couldn't get a place in the team here at Wigan ahead of Radlinski.

He didn't do anything tonight to suggest to me he could oust Radlinski now either. Like I keep saying he would not be content with a reserve slot and that is all he would get at Wigan once Radlinski was fit.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Schalk Brits... posted:
O.K Radlinski is good under a high ball ,he scrambles well in defence to the side and rear and he is a good support player.But he has limited vision and ball skills and his front on defence has always been poor.
Radlinski is a better player than Briscoe and arguably still the best full back in GB. He certainly was the best when Briscoe was let go which is the whole point of the Briscoe v Rads debate.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

DaveO posted:
Schalk Brits... posted:
O.K Radlinski is good under a high ball ,he scrambles well in defence to the side and rear and he is a good support player.But he has limited vision and ball skills and his front on defence has always been poor.
Radlinski is a better player than Briscoe and arguably still the best full back in GB. He certainly was the best when Briscoe was let go which is the whole point of the Briscoe v Rads debate.

Dave
It isn't Bricoe v Rads debate. The point is he was/is good enough for this Wigan side even if one, the other or both are played in an unnatural position.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Dave o posted
Briscoe couldn't get a place in the team here at Wigan
Yes he could.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
Dave o posted
Briscoe couldn't get a place in the team here at Wigan
Yes he could.
That's not really the point. As DaveO says, he wouldn't have got a place at the time he was let go, and would just have been wasting a 20/20 slot.
There's a lot of players in SL that would get a place in the current side, though not in our first choice team.