Signings!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
BigJeffLima

Signings!

Post by BigJeffLima »

In what position do you think we will strengthen and who do you reckon we will sign?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Signings!

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Thornley and Smith!

Seriously, I think that we will sign a 6 and another forward if Fielden leaves.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
12webbl

Post by 12webbl »

I believe we will get Chase and Smith at 6 and 7 so that leaves a prop and a centre. I would like to see Jack Reed at Wigan the lad is young and had a terrific season in the NRL and the four nations, as for the replacement for Lima I think Sam Moa or Lopini Paea would be great replacements.What i'd like to know is obviously Matty Smith is English and wouldn't take a place on the overseas quota but Chase was born in NZ but has played for England so would he count on the quota or not ??
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

12webbl wrote: Chase was born in NZ but has played for England so would he count on the quota or not ??
Chase doesn't know what nationality he is :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Probably way off the radar, but I would love to see Gareth Widdop come over here.

Not only has he developed into a very adept No. 6 his general attacking play, coupled with his pace off the mark, would make him a dangerous force coupled to the passing game of Matty Smith at half back. He's also got a superb passing game himself and his defence is excellent these days.

The tactic of interchanging with Sam between 1 & 6 would be a huge option, which defences would struggle with. He is just as good at Full Back, so freeing up Sam would give us a hell of a lot of attacking power, to throw at any set defences, as a game develops.

Might be mileage in this if IL can convince him to return to the UK for a 2 or 3 yrs spell. It would definitely be an exciting signing, but I would imagine impossible to get the Storm to agree to.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Nezza Faz wrote:Probably way off the radar, but I would love to see Gareth Widdop come over here.

Not only has he developed into a very adept No. 6 his general attacking play, coupled with his pace off the mark, would make him a dangerous force coupled to the passing game of Matty Smith at half back. He's also got a superb passing game himself and his defence is excellent these days.

The tactic of interchanging with Sam between 1 & 6 would be a huge option, which defences would struggle with. He is just as good at Full Back, so freeing up Sam would give us a hell of a lot of attacking power, to throw at any set defences, as a game develops.

Might be mileage in this if IL can convince him to return to the UK for a 2 or 3 yrs spell. It would definitely be an exciting signing, but I would imagine impossible to get the Storm to agree to.
I think that's a great shout.
He must also appreciate that he isn't going to get as much game time as he'd like given that he's always going to be the understudy to BS.
It all depends on him of course but Sam and him in the same side would create all sorts of options.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Is GW not a starting 6 for the Storm now and getting plenty of game time?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Is GW not a starting 6 for the Storm now and getting plenty of game time?
Oh..... That's just me showing my ignorance. Sorry
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Was Widdopp not approached by a number of clubs in SL last year and he said that he had no intention of leaving the NRL. Seems the bloke is just happy in Aussie.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cherry.pie wrote:I don't see why Widdop would leave the Storm. He's a first team regular playing very well in one of the best teams in the best competition in the world. What would he have to gain from moving to Super League?
.....but Sinfield is a better 6!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett