Conspiracy theory

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
highland convert

Conspiracy theory

Post by highland convert »

Strange coincidence, we lost to widnes wire lost. We lost to Bradford. Wire lost. Both widnes and Bradford was desperate to get something to lift their game and fortunes. They both got it from us without us losing ground to wire. How convenient. Must be a conspiracy theory in there somewhere :eh: :with: :with:
cpwigan

Re: Conspiracy theory

Post by cpwigan »

Maybe players had bets placed
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

I was wondering why Tony Smith was so relaxed after the Salford game!!!
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:Maybe players had bets placed
That thought did run through my mind after we'd lost to Widnes. I'm sure though it didn't happen as the bookies would have been screaming.

HC might have a point but I reckon it's Wane and Smith doing a Leeds and resting key players, introducing new players for what are nothing games.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jobo wrote:
That thought did run through my mind after we'd lost to Widnes. I'm sure though it didn't happen as the bookies would have been screaming.

HC might have a point but I reckon it's Wane and Smith doing a Leeds and resting key players, introducing new players for what are nothing games.
Apart from Sam, which key players could he have been resting?
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

my view is that the ref knew exactly what he was doing on Friday night, not one single 50/50 went Wigans way and everything worth anything went Bradford's way I do not suggest he was biased but under orders
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Have to admit that I had contemplated the fact that this was staged. We just made it too easy. Bradford are down on their heels and their lads are all looking to impress future employers and SW will want to show Leeds some easy weaknesses to reel them in for the semi. It just seems that thats the way to play it if you want to be strategic!! Could it be that miracles will happen before the semi - like a sudden about-turn in play and a few surprise early returns from injury?

I hope so cause at this rate if we get any more injuries we are going to have to organise a team training trip to Lourdes!!!!!! :conf: :hmmm:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

3 of the 4 semi finalists have now ducked this weekend with Leeds getting a bye.

Coincidence?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
jobo wrote:

Apart from Sam, which key players could he have been resting?
Fielden???? :blush:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Limit the Grand Final to the top two club's and we would see a more intense competition during the whole of the season.